Main Menu

Stupid question

Started by iwannashagsimon, December 25, 2007, 10:09:47

Previous topic - Next topic

iwannashagsimon

When I look over at my advatar to the left it says I have a post count of 190.  Yet, when I check out the posts I made via my profile it says I have 211 posts (well, 212 with this one).

So...which one is correct?

Just curious.

scatcat

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,4200.0.html

It's not a stupid question, it has been asked before iwannashagsimon... when you post in 'something else' or 'other artists', the posts aren't counted.
If they were, I'd personally have around 500 posts, I think!!

cheers  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

iwannashagsimon

scatcat

No.. it's not stupid, because I don't think it is written anywhere on the forum about posts, and what is/not counted!!!  ;)

Asking just helps out others that may wonder but not ask!!  :D

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

@iwannashagsimon (did I really just type that  :shock:)
Don't worry, I also wondered too.
:roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

If we want to talk about stupid, I never even noticed there was a difference, or that my post-count didn't go up when I posted in "something else".
Or if not stupid, at least we can say I am not very aware -- bit of a scatterbrain, really. But I guess it makes sense!

Steve

No it doesn't make sense.
We are a community
We love the Cure & we like "something else".
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

I see your point, but I guess I think it makes some sense because I am one of those who post a lot in "something else", and being in a Cure forum, with my Robert Smith icon, and having above it a high number of posts if most of those posts upon closer scrutiny turned out to be about anything but the Cure -- well, it would kind of make me feel like a bit of a fraud in a way, you know what I mean? I could spend my days posting about what annoyed me today or bitching about work (like the other day! I remember you answered)and nothing else, and I would still end up sooner or later being dubbed  "Curefan Master" -- it would be kind of strange.
It doesn't really matter to me though, like I said before I never noticed this was happening until I read this thread.

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: Steve on December 26, 2007, 23:02:31
We are a community

I agree.  It's hard to talk about just one thing. Hell, even I  can't talk about Simon all the time.  (Altho I have tried.  ;))

robiola

Quote from: Steve on December 25, 2007, 15:14:14
@iwannashagsimon (did I really just type that  :shock:)

By the way, I got sidetracked, but I wanted to tell you -- that cracked me up! :smth042

melly

Quote from: Steve on December 26, 2007, 23:02:31
We are a community

I agree...plus, why does discussing the volume of Roberts hair, and when does he wash it   :roll:  , as an example, become so much more important than anything put in the "something else" thread??.. we can bang on about a hairdo and it's washing days for as long as we like, and get a post added to our thingy.. odd really... :smth017

ahem...no offence to those who partake in the above mentioned discussion by the way...just using it for an example...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

melly

and now... ( drum roll) for MY "stupid question"... you know when you reply, and you add a quote,how do you just take a small section from the whole quote to add to your reply, instead of the whole quote? yeah, I know, I've been here long enough to figure it out...but, no matter how hard I try, I can't do it... :smth089

( and no comments like..are you blonde?? cos I am!!)
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Hero

Quote from: melly on January 10, 2008, 09:06:57
and now... ( drum roll) for MY "stupid question"... you know when you reply, and you add a quote,how do you just take a small section from the whole quote to add to your reply, instead of the whole quote? yeah, I know, I've been here long enough to figure it out...but, no matter how hard I try, I can't do it... :smth089

Just delete the bit you don't want, leave the quote bits at the top and bottom, then delete the words (i cant think of a better word) you don't want.
I hope this makes sense, sorry i might have just confused things a bit more.. :?

Lady

I'm blonde...in fact I didn't notice this difference, ahahah!!!! :smth043

But is it changed now?? I have the same count post in my profile! :shock: :smth100

Sorry but..you know...I'm blonde...  8) :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

melly

testing..testing....