4Tour DVD

Started by gioez, March 20, 2008, 17:53:22

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

gioez

Quote from: nevyn on March 20, 2008, 20:43:36
There were NO cameras in Rome, apart of usual cameras that can record 3 first songs. I was near the mixing desk and i had a great view on stage, and on arena, so I would definitely SEE if there WERE cameras.

Thanks for the info: so the rumours about Roma are wrong.

The cameras in Paris are visible on photos posted in curefan gallery too.  ;)
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

japanesebaby

Quote from: gioez on March 21, 2008, 09:32:48
The cameras in Paris are visible on photos posted in curefan gallery too.  ;)

it was pretty impossible to not notice it in bercy as those huge booms were swinging above the crowd all the time.
out of curiosity i was paying attention to some camera work there in bercy and noticed that at least on certain songs they did have a lot of movement/continuous trucking shots with both in front of the stage cameras and the ones on booms: so i'm expecting good stuff there, nothing sleepy and static as we've sometimes seen... (for instance on Tr... oops.)
so let's hope the director (whoever it is!) does a good job with the footage!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

nevyn

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 21, 2008, 09:45:28
so let's hope the director (whoever it is!)

Anton Corbijn :D (I wish it was...)

frog_s

He's Ducth  :-D

And very good

[labyrinth]

japanesebaby

Quote from: [labyrinth] on March 21, 2008, 11:02:27
Tim Pope ?

;)

oh yes, now wouldn't that be something! ;)
(what's he been doing lately anyway? :?:)

anton corbijn: i deeply and thoroughly admire his work but not sure if he'd be the right choice here. i think the cure would need someone... more edgy, more openly energetic so to speak. imo corbijn's language is more static, it does have enormous power but it's more like hidden strength. i think the cure would benefit from something that was more straightforward. consideirng the songs they were doing on this tour. had they been mainly playing 'faith' stuff and all that, then i'd maybe think differently.

[labyrinth]

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 21, 2008, 11:38:17
oh yes, now wouldn't that be something! ;)
(what's he been doing lately anyway? :?:)

He seems to be doing nothing.
the last thing he directed was "Iggy & the Stooges: Live in Detroit" (2004), but since then, no news were heard from him.

buuuut, i read right now somewhere: "He is rumoured to be working again in 2008 with The Cure."

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 21, 2008, 11:38:17
anton corbijn: i deeply and thoroughly admire his work but not sure if he'd be the right choice here. i think the cure would need someone... more edgy, more openly energetic so to speak. imo corbijn's language is more static, it does have enormous power but it's more like hidden strength. i think the cure would benefit from something that was more straightforward. consideirng the songs they were doing on this tour. had they been mainly playing 'faith' stuff and all that, then i'd maybe think differently.

i agree with you.
Corbijn is a GREAT director, but for this moment of the cure , he wouldn't be the best exactly for the reasons you said.  ;)

closedown

nothing sleepy and static as we've sometimes seen... (for instance on Tr... oops.)

I'd easily prefer static, to be honest, all this mtv-type of stuff that is currently so in fashion I simply hate - not able to concentrate 1 sec on any person and stuff + enhance it with lots of effects? that would be damn horrible... obviously it depends on the songs, though - I have nothing against progressive filming...
Anton Corbijn - have huge respect for him, did some of my fave videos/Photo shoots + the bloody marvellous Control movie (for all even slightly interested - make sure to at least watch it once...) - but as said, also have my doubts it would work with that lineup... still a shame that he didn't record the prayer tour in black+white with grainy pictures in his style... that would have been a definete dream...
if it is released, just hope it won't end in such overproduced stuff like Show - and that they include the COMPLETE gig...

japanesebaby

Quote from: closedown on March 21, 2008, 20:39:13
nothing sleepy and static as we've sometimes seen... (for instance on Tr... oops.)

I'd easily prefer static, to be honest, all this mtv-type of stuff that is currently so in fashion I simply hate - not able to concentrate 1 sec on any person and stuff + enhance it with lots of effects? that would be damn horrible...

i hate it too, of course - i think pretty much anyone with any sense in his/her head hates it. it's crap. 
but who said it has to be idiotically "MTV-ish" to be energetic? i didn't say anything about any effects either (and btw i mostly hate all those effects on festival dvd, i hope they never try that again).
but i'd like to think there are "a couple of" different ways to direct/edit a concert dvd/broadcast than just two: static or MTV.

(btw when i posted i already knew someone would misunderstand me and bring this up)

sillyboob

I just hope that they include an audio disc or a link on the dvd to high-quality mp3s of the songs.  Wilco did that recently on a Jeff Tweedy solo acoustic dvd - you buy the dvd and can download the whoe show as mp3s. 

mahood

only to throw my 2 cents in the "reliable source" ongoing process : a friend of mine had a pass backstage from & with the filming crew, and asked someone there about this --- they are the same people who shot saint-malo 2005, and have apparently been "invited" by robert smith who had been happy with the result.
there would be 2 projects apparently, one for the aforementioned DVD, and one for a TV broadcast on Virgin 17 (formerly Europe 2, who broadcast Chorus 1979 this year). i have no idea if these are complementary or not, though.
signs, flowers, weapons and balloons

japanesebaby

Quote from: mahood on March 22, 2008, 16:55:20
only to throw my 2 cents in the "reliable source" ongoing process : a friend of mine had a pass backstage from & with the filming crew, and asked someone there about this --- they are the same people who shot saint-malo 2005, and have apparently been "invited" by robert smith who had been happy with the result.

thanks for this info. i actually did hear the same info about the TV crew while at bercy but couldn't be entirely sure if it was just a rumour then.

Bloodflower

Quote from: sillyboob on March 21, 2008, 21:27:56
I just hope that they include an audio disc or a link on the dvd to high-quality mp3s of the songs.  Wilco did that recently on a Jeff Tweedy solo acoustic dvd - you buy the dvd and can download the whoe show as mp3s. 

I refer you to the technical section, and this thread in particular:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,3539.0.html
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

scatcat

I would like to probably see two versions of DVD release:

a live version ( i love trilogy ) but to see them in concert shows just how wicked they are, not to mention reliving them in concert.

and possibly a few video clips.. ( way past 80's & 90's stuff) I'm not sure if Pope is the man... but this would HAVE to include the new songs/album!!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life