She Wants Revenge

Started by ron, February 08, 2006, 10:34:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Not sure how far this bands popularity has gone but they are getting bigger and bigger by the day here in the Los Angeles area.  They've done a lot of shows and just put out their debut album.  They have a sound the reminds me of early Depeche Mode crossed with Human League with a touch of New Order and other early '80s synth bands.  I just their got February 6th show on dime and I've put it up on my site for anyone who wants to grab it.  It's in FLAC (just as I got it).  

enjoy,
ron

//www.lostinaforest.com

Ps.  it's still uploading as I type this but it will be done within the next 30 minutes or so.  I have to get some sleep so I won't be waiting for it to finish-goodnight!!!

Inshiver

I really like this band!!!  Thanks a lot ron for sharing!!!  8)

Here you could also listen to some songs from their new album which will be released soon...!!!  :wink:
#Cheers - Patrick#

japanesebaby

thank you for the show & the link, ron & doubt :D
a completely new band for me but sounds quite interesting!

(am i the only one who hears some echoes of interpol at times too?)

marika
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

ron, i'm going to their seattle show and will be taping.  it'll be available here and dime.

-brian

Curetastraphy

I also like this band they remind of joy division for some reason

curiosa

great music reminds me of the old times
thanx a lot ron
do you know more of such "unknown" bands who play that kind of music?

all the best
curiosa frank

ron

[quote="curiosa") do you know more of such "unknown" bands who play that kind of music?

all the best
curiosa frank[/quote]

I don't listen to the radio that much so it takes someone really pushing something new onto me.  I was seeing somwone who really liked them when she heard them on the radio so as a suprise to her, I found their album for her but before giving it to her, I listened to it and really liked it.  Back in the day it was different when I worked in record shop and still listened the radio.  Now I pretty much hate all the new music but I have heard a few good things when visiting my old record shop.  We'll see what happens...

crowbi_wan

just got back from their show.  it was fantastic!  i recommend seeing them if you get the chance.  taping the show was a bit of a task.  security was tight and i got patted down.   :x  they never do pat downs at this particular club.  anyway, i was caught and told to return my recording device to my car.  well, screw that!  i went in thru the bar  8) no pat downs.  the guy that searched me was watching me for a good portion of the show and even approached me and gave me some visual inspections with his flashlight.  what an a-hole.  anyway, i kept having to move and replace my mic.  the recording didn't turn out too great.  i'm going to try and clean it up and perhaps seed it on dime.   it was good practice if anything.  

-brian