2008.05.31 Los Angeles - Hollywood Bowl (USA) *SOLD OUT*

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

From COF:

Setlist:

Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Night Like This, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, A Letter To Elise, Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Baby Rag Dog Book

1st encore:

If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss

2nd encore:

At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest

3rd encore:

Lovecats, Let's Go To Bed, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?

4th encore:

Boys Don't Cry

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Three Imaginary Boys

Wow, I'd love to see them play that Hollywood Bowl - some stinking old theatre for me in London again no doubt...

crowbi_wan

My seat for the Hollywood Bowl is in the Terrace boxes.  I was having a little trouble figuring out exactly where was, center, side, how far back  :?  After a quick search on Google I found this.

lostflower4

That's some crazy ass numbering scheme they got there...

I wonder what genius came up with that?  :smth100

crowbi_wan

From guest services...

Cure, Leased Event Policy:

All items may be inspected by security. Not allowed: Alcohol/controlled
substances, glass metal, cans. Cameras, audio and video recording, laser
pointer, umbrellas, chairs
Use picnic basket/cooler no larger than 15"wideby 22"long by 15"high and
reusable plastic containers, Tupperware sipper bottles, blankets and seat
cushions ok
There is NO  Smoking in the Hollywood Bowl theater area. Quiet. Please! as
courtesy to musicians and audience, please keep noise to a minimum during the
performance.

Please consider park and ride or shuttle, arrive 2 hours early to park at the
Bowl.

There is an 11pm curfew at the Hollywood Bowl for all concerts.

Seems to be a rather formatted reply.  :roll:   I'll try giving them a call in a few days to see if they have a specific camera policy for The Cure.

j

QuoteQuiet. Please! as
performance.

Excellent recording conditions.  No screaming, singing, drunk girls yelling into one mic!  :lol:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on May 17, 2008, 00:42:47
QuoteQuiet. Please! as
performance.

Excellent recording conditions.  No screaming, singing, drunk girls yelling into one mic!  :lol:

Yeah, we'll see if that holds true.  :smth100

sullen

If there were people screaming during a Dead Can Dance reunion with the LA Philharmonic backing them @ HB.... well I wouldn't put much hope in the Cure being silent   :D

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on May 17, 2008, 02:57:43
If there were people screaming during a Dead Can Dance reunion with the LA Philharmonic backing them @ HB.... well I wouldn't put much hope in the Cure being silent   :D

:P

Cali is home to the "ROBERT" screamers.  I just hope I don't have one in my box!

cosmic hearse

Has anyone heard of any confirmed set times for this show? It looks like I'm going to be cutting it extremely close! My friend works until 6pm (in La Verne). I hate getting to shows late! Now I'm nervous!  :?

DJscribbles

yep, the cure has always had a strong following in cali! wish i could go home to los angeles someday, would love to travel there tommorow for the shows. LA shows vs. SF bay area shows are quite different. theres a wildness to LA you dont see elsewhere in the states
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

jbud1980

Tomorrow!!!!  :-D  :-D  :-D  8)

Ok, lame question, but I figured somebody would know...

The Tickets state 6:30PM, but is that when the doors open to get into the venue, or when the show is scheduled to begin?

j

I think that 65dos is supposed to be on at 6:30pm.  If I remember correctly, the Bowl has a 10:30pm curfew, so The Cure should be on around 7:45-ish

cure_kitty

Enjoy the show to all who are going tomorrow night!  :-D