2018.07.07 London, Hyde Park (England) "British Summer Time"

Started by Ulrich, December 12, 2017, 09:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyler

You're right.  It was disappointing, but...what can you do.  I'm surprised at the non-commital answers from Lol and Andy, and Perry never even responded.  It seems like they wanted to do it but nobody even bothered to ask.  Trying to erase these guys from the story is disrespectful in the extreme.  Not wanting to 'pollute the waters' just before going into the studio is a good theory.  There would be no hurt feelings that way...not in the band anyway.

MeltingMan

Quote from: tanyasmith on August 07, 2018, 18:57:46
But what can anybody expect but for Cure fans to reminisce about the past and complain?

I watched 10.15, Grinding Halt, JSET, Disintegration and Killing an Arab on yt and I must
state that the overall sound was excellent. This is probably the most professional The Cure line-up
ever. Robert knows that and I suppose most (if not all) complaining fans actually too. We
didn't criticize the show(s) itself. There were only lacks of communication. Of course, I have
missed Lol and a restricted program is not everyone's taste, but the current line-up is more
than a match than previous ones. We can expect great live shows next year!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

cheyler

The video has much better sound than the audio.  Seems (so far) there's only one audio to surface and nobody has put up any video for download (yet).  We might not see anything of any real quality since the gig was being recorded for release and security is usually told to crack down hard in cases like that, as if anyone would walk away with anything that could compete with a professional recording.

tanyasmith

There was a video on youtube somebody put up after the show of the entire show. It may have been taken by a professional videographer who was in the pit with the photographers because it didn't have any interference. It was beautiful and crisp, sound was great...but it got taken down a few days after it was posted. I'm guessing it was Tim Pope or copyright people. Tim Pope liked a video I posted on twitter from the show, but the sound quality is horrible so no danger in competing with sales for the to-be-released The Cure in Hyde Park 40th Anniversary.  :D  :lol:

"There were only lacks of communication." MeltingMan

As far as miscommunications, there's a Mercury Retrograde in full swing. This is a good time to straighten out information, but also a time when things can get misconstrued. Things will feel clearer by the end of August.

MeltingMan

Hey, I was sad that Lol didn't play, too,

One thing that came to my mind today is that he's still very busy with part two
of his book. That could be a reason that he didn't appear at BST 2018.

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on August 13, 2018, 16:21:14
Hey, I was sad that Lol didn't play, too,
One thing that came to my mind today is that he's still very busy with part two
of his book. That could be a reason that he didn't appear at BST 2018.

highly unlikely. after reading the first 100 pages of his book and seeing how fundamental he was in setting The Cure, I hardly doubt he would have refused an invitation to this party.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

I don't know if we will get any clarification about this...if he has been invited by Robert or not.
Probably not...the event is over.

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on August 13, 2018, 16:45:12
I don't know if we will get any clarification about this...

Probably not, my guess is that no-one of the ex-members was asked/invited, as Robert wanted to do the shows with the current line-up (which is what he obviously did).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...