Perry Bamonte is the new bassist in the band Love Amongst Ruin

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2012, 21:17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Ah, interesting. I'd heard about the ex-drummer of Placebo having a new band, but I'd forgotten the name. Now I know.  :)
Might go to see them in concert if they play nearby!  :smth020
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

kenstee

Uh...one very minor detail...Perry is LEFT HANDED!!

So, that ISN'T him in this video.....

Ulrich

Perry is the NEW bassist, I guess they haven't made a video with him (yet).

(I think David put the youtube link in to give us an example of how the band does sound.)

kenstee

Actually he wrote: "So if you want to see him live, take a look here:"

As I pointed out...it isn't him on the vid.

Ulrich

Quote from: kenstee on September 30, 2012, 17:29:01
Actually he wrote: "So if you want to see him live, take a look here:"

And below this you find their website and Facebook link, where most certainly they will post their live gig dates, so that's where you're gonna see Perry live!
(The vid isn't a live vid, so it's obviously not where you're gonna see him live, even if he was in it!)

kenstee

Whatever...

Pretty boring, expected and uninspired piece anyway...... :smth015

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on September 30, 2012, 10:30:37
(I think David put the youtube link in to give us an example of how the band does sound.)

that's correct :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PanzasCure

To be honest this music is close to be totally skippable.

Ulrich

Finally, here's new music, with Perry Bamonte on bass!

http://www.qthemusic.com/9292/love-amongst-ruin-swan-killer/
QuoteThis the first track to emerge from forthcoming album Lose Your Way (out 1 June) and features The Cure's Perry Bamonte on bass.
Hear more: Loveamongstruin.com

Got to say it sounds a lot like Placebo - I like it, will see if I like other tracks enough to buy the album...
Another teaser can be found here:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.it/2012/09/perry-joins-love-amongst-ruin.html

Ulrich

Ulrich

http://www.gigslutz.co.uk/interview-steve-hewitt-love-amongst-ruin/

QuoteYou recently unveiled the video for the title track from the album 'Lose Your Way', which is set for release on May 11th – what can you tell us about the track?

'Lose Your Way' was one of the first songs I wrote for this new album which I think set the bar for the rest of the album. It's a song about how you can go through life following your goals and dreams, surrounded by friends and family and all of a sudden you find yourself lost and not really sure how you got there and realising that you might have changed as a person more than you think.

Perry Bamonte of the Cure has also teamed up with you in Love Amongst Ruin, how did that come about?

I've known Robert Smith for over 15 years and that's how I met Perry, we met in Paris when The Cure and Placebo were playing some radio show celebration live on stage. We played, then The Cure then we played "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep" together, as some kind of super-group. Perry is a great guitarist but he might actually be playing bass in this new line up.

The album itself is due to be released on June 29th, what can fans expect from it in comparison to the debut?

I think the new album is very different from the first in many ways. I think that I have become more confident as a singer and as a songwriter. The first album was very much a way of me getting a lot of negativity and frustration out of my system and I think it helped a lot. This allowed for me to be much freer as a writer and to move forward into different subject matter. I think the new album is better all round – better production, better ideas and I think heavier and more rock yet retaining some beautiful gentle songs too.

It's safe to assume there should be a tour with the album, right?

I would hope to tour this record so we'll just have to wait and see how it's received and see if anyone would like to see us play live.
(Read more at the link given above)

cheyler

Thanks again Ulrich, for finding the bits we otherwise would have missed. 

Ulrich

Well, it looks like Perry only got involved after the writing/recording of the current album...

QuotePerry actually got involved after the album was finished, but we will be writing together for the next album, and he will be playing live with us as a full time member.
https://arena.com/article/love-amongst-ruins-steve-hewitt-finds-his-way-on-new-lp

cheyler

Quote from: Ulrich on June 10, 2015, 16:44:29
Well, it looks like Perry only got involved after the writing/recording of the current album...

QuotePerry actually got involved after the album was finished, but we will be writing together for the next album, and he will be playing live with us as a full time member.
https://arena.com/article/love-amongst-ruins-steve-hewitt-finds-his-way-on-new-lp

I'm still wondering how Perry was named as the bass player three years ago but seems to have found out only recently...?  LAR hasn't toured in a number of years and the tour wasn't especially 'comprehensive'.  Start in Berlin and take it from there, I guess.  Here's hoping the album will be a success and they do a lengthy tour.  Anyone know how many members are left from the last line-up and tour?  Fairly certain the bass player is gone...  Keys and guitar with The Cure, bass with LAR, what's next?  Just needs to fill the 'singing drummer' slot and Perry won't need anyone else in order to make a solo album!