Perry Bamonte is the new bassist in the band Love Amongst Ruin

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2012, 21:17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Here's the tour dates:
Quote24/11/15 – The Borderline, London, UK
26/11/15 – Rock Cafe, St. Pauli, Hamburg, Germany
27/11/15 – Kulturfabrik, Krefeld, Germany
29/11/15 – DAS BETT, Frankfurt, Germany
30/11/15 – Backstage München, Munich, Germany
02/12/15 – Chanel Zero, Ljubljana, Slovenia
03/12/15 – Vintage Industrial Bar, Zagreb, Croatia
04/12/15 – Lo Fi Club, Milan, Italy
07/12/15 – Privat Club, Berlin, Germany
09/12/15 – John Dee, Oslo, Norway
11/12/15 – BETA, Copenhagen, Denmark
13/12/15 – Underground, Cologne, Germany

http://loveamongstruin.com/jamsession-news/lose-your-way-tour/

Hm, maybe I can make Munich. Also, an old mate happens to know Steve (since way back before Placebo became famous), maybe he can get me backstage to meet Perry.  ;)
Would be cool. Will let you know if it does happen...  :)

cheyler

Perry's hoping there may be dates in the USA at some point, he hasn't been here since...what, 2004?  I sent him an e-mail when the LAR site first went up and his brother Daryl caught it and forwarded it to Perry.  It was just a quick e-mail about how much I liked his playing during 'Open', especially on the Wish Tour, the song has never been the same (or nearly as good) for my money.  I was going to try to paraphrase but screw it, I'll just paste it here:

Daryl forwarded your message to me. Thanks for your kind words. It's a shame that a lot of people judge guitarists on how fast they play, rather than how well they suit the band they are in.

There was a little more but nothing pertinent to this thread.  I don't even like posting this much but it's harmless I suppose.  It's also very true.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on October 26, 2015, 22:37:22
Perry's hoping there may be dates in the USA at some point, he hasn't been here since...what, 2004?

Has he played live anywhere since 2004?  :?

Quote from: cheyler on October 26, 2015, 22:37:22I sent him an e-mail when the LAR site first went up and his brother Daryl caught it and forwarded it to Perry.

Thanks for sharing Perry's reply with us!  :smth023

dsanchez

Thanks for sharing the european tour dates, Ulrich :smth023

I will definitely go to see him either in Slovenia or Germany. I love to travel to see concerts and discover new places (maybe I will even have the chance to chat with him?! - I am glad I've got to see him back in Hamburg 2002!)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

cheyler

Quote from: Ulrich on October 27, 2015, 09:16:57
Quote from: cheyler on October 26, 2015, 22:37:22
Perry's hoping there may be dates in the USA at some point, he hasn't been here since...what, 2004?

Has he played live anywhere since 2004?  :?

Quote from: cheyler on October 26, 2015, 22:37:22I sent him an e-mail when the LAR site first went up and his brother Daryl caught it and forwarded it to Perry.

Thanks for sharing Perry's reply with us!  :smth023

Perry went on to say that Steve (LAR) hassled him for a long time about joining LAR and then told Perry it would be playing bass!  Perry says he held out for a long while because he knew what kind of commitment would be needed and he wasn't sure he could give it.  Perry said he has other things going on in his life that he enjoys and that he was pretty happy pursuing them.  But, says Perry, Steve 'won' in the end and Perry says it's nice to be playing again.  He says they're hoping to set up some live dates for later in the year (which obviously they did) and now that Perry's brother is on board, things are moving.

He sounds and seems quite pleased with the whole thing and the single 'Swan Killer' was or is #1 in Germany last I looked.  Hoping they make it to Seattle so we can at least have a drink of some kind. 

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 28, 2015, 22:45:55
I love to travel to see concerts and discover new places

Me too (sometimes). Let me know if you'll come to Munich and I'll do everything I can to be there :!:

http://backstage.eu/veranstaltungen/live/item/love-amongst-ruin
(well it's on a Monday, not the perfect date, but never mind...)

Quote from: cheyler on October 29, 2015, 01:09:29the single 'Swan Killer' was or is #1 in Germany last I looked.

Wikipedia says so, but only in "alternative charts", not the "official sales" one.  ;)

Ulrich

Perry via Facebook:

QuoteA WEEK AWAY FROM OUR FIRST SHOW. FIRST TIME PLAYING LIVE FOR ME IN A LONG TIME!

-To all those people requesting gigs in their town/country not on our schedule - I hope we can see you next time around!
Love to all - be safe!!!

dsanchez

Munich cancelled :(

QuoteHello guys
some fans have been in touch to ask if our 'Lose Your Way Tour' is still going ahead after the recent atrocities in Paris. We can confirm that the tour is definitely going ahead and that this was never in question. Unfortunately, our show in Munich has been cancelled, for reasons beyond our control, but this is unrelated. Hope to see you soon.
- Love Amongst Ruin -

https://www.facebook.com/loveamongstruin/posts/10153788004117372
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Oh no, I was planning to go (and it looked like it could've been possible). :(
Very unlikely that I can make Frankfurt on Sunday.

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on October 26, 2015, 16:52:32
Here's the tour dates:
Quote24/11/15 – The Borderline, London, UK
26/11/15 – Rock Cafe, St. Pauli, Hamburg, Germany
27/11/15 – Kulturfabrik, Krefeld, Germany
29/11/15 – DAS BETT, Frankfurt, Germany
30/11/15 – Backstage München, Munich, Germany
02/12/15 – Chanel Zero, Ljubljana, Slovenia
03/12/15 – Vintage Industrial Bar, Zagreb, Croatia
04/12/15 – Lo Fi Club, Milan, Italy
07/12/15 – Privat Club, Berlin, Germany
09/12/15 – John Dee, Oslo, Norway
11/12/15 – BETA, Copenhagen, Denmark
13/12/15 – Underground, Cologne, Germany

http://loveamongstruin.com/jamsession-news/lose-your-way-tour/

Hm, maybe I can make Munich. Also, an old mate happens to know Steve (since way back before Placebo became famous), maybe he can get me backstage to meet Perry.  ;)
Would be cool. Will let you know if it does happen...  :)

Just learned this band played Vienna last week. If I knew that I would have go there...  :smth011
Apparently there were only 30 persons in the audience :(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on December 04, 2015, 14:40:27
Just learned this band played Vienna last week.

Oh, I didn't know. That gig list was from October, Vienna must have been added later.  :(

cheyler

There are three songs from their gig on 2nd December up on youtube.  The songs are good but the execution is far from perfect.  Perry is hidden behind one of the guitarists (but he is playing well!).

cheyler

I followed a link over to Perry's facebook page and someone had written that they had seen that Perry was going to be playing Vancouver Canada in May, ostensibly with Love Amongst Ruin.  Then I realized that there are a lot of people that think Perry is still playing with The Cure.  Look through the various posts and there are all sorts.  It's coming up on 11 years now...