Perry Bamonte is the new bassist in the band Love Amongst Ruin

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2012, 21:17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Perry lets us know:

QuoteSpent the weekend with LAR recording an acoustic version of the album "Lose Your Way". Great to see everyone again - including Paul Corkett. See the Love Amongst Ruin page for details of album release - and a new single in the works..!

https://www.facebook.com/perrybamontemusician/
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

cheyler

Well, Perry is no longer involved with the LAR project.  They have a new album already released and Perry did play bass on it but that's where his association with the band ended.  He doesn't appear to be all that broken up about it, onwards and upwards and all that.  He has got to get signed on with a popular major label band that likes touring the USA, as well as Europe of course.  He's got a whole lot of fishing trips to catch up on with a number of us here in the States!  All the best to him in his current and future endeavors.  I'd suggest he try to rejoin The Cure, but as we all know, that would never get him within 200 miles of Seattle, which is where he wants to go fishing.  Tough to get a break anywhere in life these days.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on September 10, 2016, 03:13:24
Well, Perry is no longer involved with the LAR project. 

Well I did not know. Didn't follow a lot of their news since the Munich gig was cancelled. (Apparently Munich is a bit like Seattle...? Although The Cure will probably play there in Oct.)

Do you have a source for this piece of news? Can't find anything on LAR's or Perry's FB.  :?

Btw, I moved this post from "Cure news" to the existing topic in "solo projects".

cheyler

I asked him via e-mail and he said he was no longer involved with LAR, apart from the CD which hadn't been released yet.  I'll find it and post it if you like.  Doesn't say much more than that he was no longer involved, and he didn't seem all that bothered.  I can't imagine being in a band like that; the songs were good but the singer obviously has an ENORMOUS ego and that can get real irritating real quick.  Sounded to me like Perry's working on some solo material but he didn't say anything about how far along it was or if/when it might be released.  I'll find & post the info soon.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on September 12, 2016, 21:03:40
I asked him via e-mail and he said he was no longer involved with LAR, apart from the CD which hadn't been released yet.  I'll find it and post it if you like.

Thanks, but there's no need to share a private e-mail.
Well thank you for sharing this "exclusive" piece of news with us. I hope Perry agrees that you posted this in a public forum. (If not, you'll be in a bit of trouble... but we can delete it if he requests to do that.)

cheyler

It wasn't a secret or anything, Perry had already said elsewhere that he was no longer involved.  He played on the album though, so it's worth getting for that reason alone.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on September 14, 2016, 03:55:06
Perry had already said elsewhere that he was no longer involved. He played on the album though, so it's worth getting for that reason alone.

Yeah, I might get the album indeed.
Couldn't find anything "elsewhere" so far, but never mind, I'm sure there'll be an official statement once the time is right.