2018.07.07 London, Hyde Park (England) "British Summer Time"

Started by Ulrich, December 12, 2017, 09:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on December 12, 2017, 23:41:26
Does this means holders of General Admission tickets (£ 62) can enter the capacity controlled area if they arrive before the holders of Primary Entry tickets (£ 72)? If that's the case, what's the advantage of paying £ 10 more for the ticket? :roll:

I hope so, David. 'Primary entry' is a bit confusing. I mean the park has more than one
entrance, hasn't he? I was interested in the yellow area, but I couldn't select it, so I ordered
a GA-ticket.  :?
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

dsanchez

Would be nice to see ex-Cure members playing some songs. Would love to see Boris back in the drums for "Push".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on December 13, 2017, 09:46:09
Would love to see Boris back in the drums for "Push".

Nice as it "would be", I get the feeling that expectations will be high for some, which will possibly only lead to disappointments.  :(
So far, we can only "guess" that the band line-up will be the current one (RS, Simon, Roger, Jason, Reeves).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on December 13, 2017, 10:11:05
Nice as it "would be", I get the feeling that expectations will be high for some, which will possibly only lead to disappointments.  :(

It's 40 years of The Cure. Playing a two-hour set would be great, but not special, and Bob IS special. So I am expecting something special ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on December 13, 2017, 10:31:50
Playing a two-hour set would be great, but not special

That's the biggest downer (for me), "only" 120 minutes seems relatively "short" for a Cure show! (Of course, they have lots of other interesting bands playing, but...)

Maybe Robert has something "special" lined up for this, let's hope so, but I myself also hope that expectations won't become mountain-high, because then there'll be lots of moaning and whining...  :roll:

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on December 12, 2017, 17:54:54
So what intro and first song should The Cure choose to open their 40th Anniversary concert and why?

The Kiss would fit perfectly. I looked at 1988 but they didn't play any concerts in that year.
Then I looked at 1987 and 1989. Plainsong is maybe too dark for a summer scene, unless it
would rain. I don't know...

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 13, 2017, 12:20:31
Plainsong is maybe too dark for a summer scene, unless it would rain.

It was a nice summery day when The Cure played Hyde Park in 2002, nevertheless they did start with "Plainsong" as far as I recall...

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on December 12, 2017, 17:54:54
So what intro and first song should The Cure choose to open their 40th Anniversary concert and why?

For me that would be Shage Dog Shake followed by Piggy In The Mirror.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Hero

Ugh it looks so good, and of course i've been living in London for over a year and have already made plans to travel next summer, and now this happens and i'm not going to be there! Really hoping for a few more shows in other parts of the world so i can go!

cheyler

Quote from: dsanchez on December 13, 2017, 09:46:09
Would be nice to see ex-Cure members playing some songs. Would love to see Boris back in the drums for "Push".

I'd love to see something along those lines too.  I'm pretty sure the line-up will be the one that toured last year.  Lol would probably do something like what he did during the 'Reflections' gigs, adding color to as many songs as would be appropriate.  I can't see Robert asking Jason to step aside for ANY length of time, not even a song or two.  Still, the only way I'm going to feel that I missed out on something special will be if Pearl does a couple of encores.  A two-hour festival set in the park?  No.  I should add, not for me.  For those of you who are excited about it and wouldn't miss it for the world, I hope it is everything that YOU hope it is.

lastdance

they primry ticlte allows you to enter one hour before general admission.
there's nothing left but...

MeltingMan

Quote from: lastdance on December 13, 2017, 22:53:26

That means at noon, but many of those with a GA-ticket will be there an hour earlier, anyway.
Hm...

lastdance

yes , but they cant enter before the open doors time

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 14, 2017, 11:10:06
Quote from: lastdance on December 13, 2017, 22:53:26

That means at noon, but many of those with a GA-ticket will be there an hour earlier, anyway.
Hm...
there's nothing left but...