The Cure to play in the MTV Latinamerica Awards

Started by dsanchez, July 30, 2007, 00:14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Just learn today this in a peruvian newspapper.

Complete article (in Spanish)
http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/the_cure_mtv_latinoamerica_mexico_1744375.htm

A brief translation

"The british band The Cure will play this October 18th in Mexico City, as part of the MTV Latianmerica awards"

"The band leaded by Robert Smith add their name to a series of artists that will perform there, as Avril Lavigne :?"

"It's incredible to offer our fans in Latinamerica such an incredible and succesfull band" said someone related to the organization.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Anyone know how long of set we can expect from them?

crowbi_wan

Dillinger

doubt they'll get that many, probably one. is it a friday? f it is we already know what it'll eb. if not, inbetween days i think

Bloodflower

I'd bet good money that, considering it's in October, they play whatever their new single is. There's no reason to play such a thing unless you're promoting something.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

agusramirez

They'll not just perform on the MTV awards. A confirmation from the enterprice OCESA confirms a full show of the band on Oct. 20, Waiting to confirm other 2 shows on 21 and 22. Ticket sale starts on Aug 9. More info as it arrives.

Regards...

AR

dsanchez

Quote from: agusramirez on July 31, 2007, 19:10:40
A confirmation from the enterprice OCESA confirms a full show of the band on Oct. 20, Waiting to confirm other 2 shows on 21 and 22. Ticket sale starts on Aug 9. More info as it arrives.

Until is not confirmed in www.thecure.com, is just a rumour.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

agusramirez

Quote from: dsanchez on July 31, 2007, 19:50:13
Quote from: agusramirez on July 31, 2007, 19:10:40
A confirmation from the enterprice OCESA confirms a full show of the band on Oct. 20, Waiting to confirm other 2 shows on 21 and 22. Ticket sale starts on Aug 9. More info as it arrives.

Until is not confirmed in www.thecure.com, is just a rumour.

Does this counts as confirmed in www.thecure.com ?? :

STUFF

7/31/2007 11:45:26 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

TICKET PRICES?

C'MON!

I DID PRICE COMPARISONS WITH AT LEAST A DOZEN OTHER COMPARABLE (IN MY OPINION!) ACTS THAT HAD PLAYED AT EVERY NORTH AMERICAN VENUE IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS...

AND OUR TICKET PRICES ARE NOT HIGH!

ALTHOUGH I ADMIT THEY ARE MORE THAN THEY WERE IN 1992...

ANYWAY

ITS CALLED CONSUMER CHOICE I THINK...

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE:

WE ARE PLAYING SHOWS IN MEXICO A FEW DAYS AFTER TEXAS...

DETAILS POSTED HERE SOON!

NOW FOR SINGAPORE...
RSX

PS
I THINK THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL JUST SOLD OUT...

WHATEVER THAT MEANS?

http://thecure.com/community/news_comment.asp?assetid=1580019&artistid=491

Regards...

AR

agusramirez

David, considera planear un viaje a Mexico en octubre. Con gusto te ayudaria en lo que se pudiera, boletos, trasporte u hospedaje.

Saludos..

AR

dsanchez

Quote from: agusramirez on July 31, 2007, 22:21:07
David, considera planear un viaje a Mexico en octubre. Con gusto te ayudaria en lo que se pudiera, boletos, trasporte u hospedaje.

Saludos..

AR

Gracias!..definitivamente lo estoy considerando  :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo