Free Hugs Campaign. Inspiring Story! (music by sick puppies)

Started by dsanchez, November 16, 2006, 17:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

"Sometimes, a hug is all what we need. Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

:smth056
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

boneheadhaggar

an excellent film, and a big cyber hug to all at curefans :smth056
its nice to be nice

frog_s

I just whent shopping with a friend of mine and there I saw people too who gave free hugs and all following the example of that guy from the US, so I ran for them like I'd die if I didn't and now one of the people who gave those free hugs has my phonenumber and she'll call me when they'll go give free hugs again and I can join them  :D I'm so happy now hahah.

cheers everyone

Tof

This is an excelent film !!! :smth023

I think all the people in the world must see this film !!!

free hugs :smth056 :smth056 :smth069 :smth069 to everybody
Tof

japanesebaby

(it's a bit old already but)
free hugs for everyone!  :smth001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

(and watch how some dickhead had to come and BAN it - because that's what dickheads do... :evil:
you know, "hugs are baaaad! somebody could get HURT":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AdQo1qBy1E&NR=1

:roll:
hey never mind the dickheads: free hugs for everyone!  :-D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 01, 2007, 10:25:38
(it's a bit old already but)
free hugs for everyone!  :smth001

Babe, I just merged your topic with mines :)

Does anyone of you saw this in real?. I saw it in Chile last december and It looked to me like they were doing for "fun" that for real.

I mean, the guy who created the "free hug" thing was because he felt lonely, lost job, wife, everything (If I remember right) so he wanted to give hugs and feel other's people affect, not just for "fun"...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

oops it looks like i completely missed this the first time, didn't even think of trying out 'search' first.

yes i think the original "campaign" was something but it became pretty lame when people started copying it everywhere just for fun of it. you can find dozens of versions on youtube but they are really nothing, whereas the original footage has something genuine to say.

and i just thought there was so much irony there, with the authorities banning it and then it being on the news and everything. simply because people banning other people for crappy reasons always reminds me of someplace else (hmm.............).
and especially because they used the excuse of "someone might get hurt".
HA!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine