3 (37.5%)
No-one
3 (37.5%)
All the ex-Cure members
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 03, 2018, 21:33:32

dsanchez

The Cure celebrate's its 40th Anniversary and I assume something special will happen and that could be the presence of an ex-member on stage, joining the band for one or more songs. Who do you think Bob will invite? This is a question of who do you THINK Robert will invite, rather than who do you WANT to be there.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

My guess is "no one" or "all of them".  :lol:

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 05, 2018, 04:35:45HOW DARE YA SAY PORL AND NOT PEARL  ...

Name changes are always difficult to take (anyone remember when Prince was a "symbol"?)...
On my albums it says: "Porl Thompson" (on guitars, keyboards, sax etc.), so in a poll about old members I'd say it is "legit" to use his old name.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Quote from: Ulrich on April 05, 2018, 13:34:46
My guess is "no one" or "all of them".  :D

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 05, 2018, 04:35:45HOW DARE YA SAY PORL AND NOT PEARL  ...

Name changes are always difficult to take (anyone remember when Prince was a "symbol"?)...
On my albums it says: "Porl Thompson" (on guitars, keyboards, sax etc.), so in a poll about old members I'd say it is "legit" to use his old name.

Well she changed her name and calling someone by there dead name is very offensive.

A Strange Girl

...I think you come from another world...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 05, 2018, 20:07:26

Well she changed her name and calling someone by there dead name is very offensive.

Does Pearl identify as female?

Their dead name? The one that will be printed on the death certificate?
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

She has a point... Porl actually LEGALLY changed his name to Pearl (I did not know that):

http://www.contactmusic.com/the-cure/news/the-cure-star-legally-changes-his-name-as-he-leaves-the-music-world-for-art_4620452

Therefore, the poll option is now updated to "Pearl Thompson".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 05, 2018, 21:18:45
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 05, 2018, 20:07:26

Does Pearl identify as female?

Their dead name? The one that will be printed on the death certificate?

I think so, if you look at pictures and also look at her instgaram @113percentstrange

Quote from: dsanchez on April 05, 2018, 21:29:00

She has a point... Porl actually LEGALLY changed his name to Pearl (I did not know that):

http://www.contactmusic.com/the-cure/news/the-cure-star-legally-changes-his-name-as-he-leaves-the-music-world-for-art_4620452

Therefore, the poll option is now updated to "Pearl Thompson".

Thank you friend, much appreciated!!  :oops: