The Cure music in movies

Started by dsanchez, September 23, 2007, 03:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

tdcrjeff

Yet another Cure sighting on "One Tree Hill." Last week's episode "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" (season 6, episode 21) featured a flashback for Lucas and Peyton and a Cure concert. In the current time, Lucas is fixing Peyton's car (the Comet) and finds a Cure ticket under the seat, June 15 Gwinnett Center and flashes back to high school graduation and Lucas buying tickets to the show as a gift for Peyton even though he doesn't like The Cure. In further flashbacks they go on a road trip to the show, but end up losing one of the tickets so don't actually see the concert. Then at the end of the show, "Pictures of You" is playing and Lucas shows Peyton the ticket (back in present time). Other than the little hiccup of the ticket being for a concert in 2008 (the flashback would have been to about 5 years ago), it was pretty cool.

mylene

"Burn" The Crow with Brandon Lee

FarFar

Quote from: tdcrjeff on May 04, 2009, 23:25:13
Yet another Cure sighting on "One Tree Hill." Last week's episode "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" (season 6, episode 21) featured a flashback for Lucas and Peyton and a Cure concert. In the current time, Lucas is fixing Peyton's car (the Comet) and finds a Cure ticket under the seat, June 15 Gwinnett Center and flashes back to high school graduation and Lucas buying tickets to the show as a gift for Peyton even though he doesn't like The Cure. In further flashbacks they go on a road trip to the show, but end up losing one of the tickets so don't actually see the concert. Then at the end of the show, "Pictures of You" is playing and Lucas shows Peyton the ticket (back in present time). Other than the little hiccup of the ticket being for a concert in 2008 (the flashback would have been to about 5 years ago), it was pretty cool.

my dear....i still not watching this episode...i will watch it...i love peyton...  :smth023
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

dsanchez

Adam Sandler in the movie The Wedding Singer:

"I just want to warn you that when I wrote this song I was listening to The Cure a lot"

The Wedding Singer - Crazy Song - Adam Sandler

lol

(btw, the soundtrack of this movie includes "Boys Don't Cry")
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MintQR

Apart - is remixed by the same guy who remixed Underneath the Stars for the 2012 Underworld movie (Underworld awakening).

I haven't seen the movie, but this new version of Apart is bone-chilling and beautiful.
I also loved the Rise of the Lycans - Underneath the stars version - i think it's much better than the original.

You can listen to the Apart remix here:
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/01/22/cure-apart-renholder-remix-underworld-awakenings/

lovecat

I saw this movie last week.
Café de Flore http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1550312/
- faith
- pictures of you

dsanchez

just saw this movie yesterday at the cinema, and they play a famous The Cure song there.

hint: it's from the Wish album ;)

About Time - International Trailer

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

A good Italian movie i watched recently. It includes "In Between Days"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379222/

La Doppia Ora
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Just watched "White Bird in a Blizzard" a 2014 film directed by Greek Araki starring Eva Green. This director is known to like indie/shoegazing/dream. Music by Cocteau Twins, Echo And The Bunnymen, This Mortal Coil are part of the soundtrack. The Cure's "Pictures of you" is also included!

This is a very good movie so watch it if you get the chance!

White Bird in a Blizzard Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Shailene Woodley, Eva Green Movie HD
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

plasticpassi0n

I watched the film 'Starter For 10' on Netflix and it featured lots of Cure tracks. It was a great film as well! I would recommend it :)
It's a perfect day for letting go
For setting fire to bridges, boats
And other dreary worlds you know
Let's get happy!
It's a perfect day for making out
To wake up with a smile without a doubt
To burst, grin, giggle, bliss, skip, jump and sing and shout
Let's get happy!

Saw TC live, Hammersmith Apollo, 21/12/14

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on January 25, 2015, 13:58:30
Just watched "White Bird in a Blizzard" a 2014 film directed by Greek Araki starring Eva Green.

Nice, I like Eva Green! Might indeed watch this asap.  popcorn
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: plasticpassi0n on January 25, 2015, 16:53:59
I watched the film 'Starter For 10' on Netflix and it featured lots of Cure tracks. It was a great film as well! I would recommend it :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely take a look to this! By the way, welcome to curefans.com  :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

BiscuityBoyle

Pictures of You was very prominent in Mr Robot, Catch featured in Master of None. The latter is pretty good, the former thoroughly dumb and entertaining.   

Ulrich

Much to my surprise, when I watched "Toni Erdmann" and the movie was over, the end titles (credits) started and I heard the opening chimes of "Plainsong", which then plays while the credits roll on...
It's not what I had expected after this movie (some kind of comedy-drama, was an Oscar nominee, didn't win one), but still nice to hear!
UK trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym8ZpHhxcl8

US trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0uwi5EPnpA
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on March 09, 2017, 11:41:49
It's not what I had expected after this movie

Me too. I saw it last year on TV, probably ARTE. Finally again a German-speaking film
with a lot of ironies and nuances.  :smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)