Jokes about The Cure

Started by dsanchez, December 18, 2018, 23:02:45

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

We thought of something silly:  What if we put an accent over the e of the band title?  The Curé - puts an entirely different spin on it.  Something Weird Al might do... :angel

We have both read Peaches for Monsieur le Curé - so that's probably where that hails back to...
SueC is time travelling

SueC

OK, so yesterday Brett had an idea that I think qualifies as a Cure joke.  He thinks that all the past members of The Cure not currently in the band ought to get together as a band and call themselves Prevention.  Why Prevention?  Because Prevention is better than The Cure... :angel
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

Another about The Cure vs The Smiths

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

If you have a look at the official website from the band, they've put out masks with what qualifies as Cure jokes on them.  :winking_tongue

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 12, 2020, 16:58:47Another about The Cure vs The Smiths...

And yet another one!  :winking_tongue

https://thehardtimes.net/music/robert-smith-negotiates-with-ticketmaster-to-cancel-morrissey-tour-dates/
QuoteThe Cure frontman and monopoly-challenging hero Robert Smith negotiated with Ticketmaster to cancel Morrissey's planned U.S. tour, sources relieved to get their money back confirmed.

"It's sickening how Morrissey keeps announcing shows with sky-high ticket prices just to storm offstage as soon as his paycheck clears. Worse, sometimes he actually shows up and subjects people to his ignorant drivel," said Smith while looking out the window wistfully on a rainy day. "Working with Ticketmaster to cancel his tour prevents fans from getting ripped off, allowing them to see better bands for lower prices. I wish I could do more — I wanted to throw in a coupon for Johnny Marr tickets before Ticketmaster threatened to make up the difference with more of their ridiculous fees — but I'm still glad to give Morrissey a taste of his own medicine."

Morrissey was blindsided by news of Smith's actions upon learning of the cancellation via email.

"Canceling shows is one of my favorite activities, so you can imagine my horror upon learning that whinge bag from The Cure colluded with Ticketmaster to pull the plug on my tour before I could," the singer said while angrily putting his shirt back on...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...