"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

I couldn't install the new macOS Mojave on my laptop. The hardware is too old.  :?
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on October 30, 2018, 09:04:57
The hardware is too old.  :?

Oh, I dread to think of the day I'll need a new computer...  :unamused:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Friend from Peru who I just learned will need a bone marrow transplant due cancer. I feel I don't have any problem in life just thinking how difficult that must be.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

Sorry to learn that David. Life is a cruel mistress at times and has a way of making us appreciate what we have. Hopefully the bone marrow treatment helps them

chemicaloverload

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on October 30, 2018, 13:39:08
Oh, I dread to think of the day I'll need a new computer...  :unamused:

Had a talk with the dealer (where I bought my equipment). He offered me the same product.
It is smaller, thinner but more expensive, so he suggested a 0% financing. But you know, I'm
not a friend of those deals. I wonder if the laptop technology isn't "out-riped" today. Maybe it's
time for a good smartphone. I can use my laptop for another three years, but then I think the
accumulator will finally "quit".

chemicaloverload

Been trying to decode piercing the corporate veil for the last 24 hours, nearly losing the will to live just when my little shadow walks in and asks me if I want to half a marshmallow with her <3

Ulrich

It's been a bumpy road this week... not much communication with the aforementioned woman, tried to phone several times; when I reached her on Monday she was sick and wanted to phone me the next day, but never did. Sent text if she was better, received reply that she's okay, but no other communication so far...  :pensive:
Seems it'll take a bit longer until the next date... but I'll keep trying.  :cool

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on November 03, 2018, 18:27:07
It's been a bumpy road this week... not much communication with the aforementioned woman, tried to phone several times; when I reached her on Monday she was sick and wanted to phone me the next day, but never did. Sent text if she was better, received reply that she's okay, but no other communication so far...  :pensive:
Seems it'll take a bit longer until the next date... but I'll keep trying.  :cool

Ah, don't worry, if she's been ill, shes probably been doubly ill which is why she's not in touch. Give it time

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 03, 2018, 18:27:07
It's been a bumpy road this week... not much communication with the aforementioned woman, tried to phone several times; when I reached her on Monday she was sick and wanted to phone me the next day, but never did.

I'm sorry to hear that. Wait until she reaches out to you. Don't call or text too much.
I made the same mistake.  :(

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 04, 2018, 09:53:01
Wait until she reaches out to you. Don't call or text too much.
I made the same mistake.  :(

Well, via text we'd communicated; it was supposed to happen that we'd phone on an evening, but I couldn't reach her - that's no big problem, but hearing nothing for two days after is a bit... "disappointing" maybe?
Of course I can imagine she's busy with job and private stuff, especially if she's still a bit sick... so I'll wait...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 04, 2018, 10:14:07
but hearing nothing for two days after is a bit... "disappointing" maybe?

Wait until she calls or texts you first and then you set up a new date, instantly.  :smth023