The Ranting Thread

Started by SueC, April 09, 2020, 06:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

From Crikey this morning:

QuoteIn a development that beggars belief, the prime minister of Australia — the leader of the world's largest carbon polluting country per capita — hasn't yet decided whether he'll turn up to the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow. The summit is considered the most significant meeting on climate change since the signing of the Paris Agreement.

See also: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58703128

...and if that's not rantworthy enough, Nancy Pelosi from the USA in the past few days extremely misguidedly praised Australia for being so-called "leaders in addressing climate change" - no we're not. We're the worst example in the world - truly appalling - and our politicians are sitting on their posteriors trying to protect the fossil fuel lobby (i.e. their mates), are still allowing fracking, and solar uptake on household rooftops here has been in spite of federal government policy, not because of it. We could have phased out fossil fuels decades ago but didn't because the corporations were getting rich off coal, oil and gas. And 2050 is way too late. I'm so offended - when I went to university in the late 80s/early 90s we already knew about climate change and had for several decades. It's now 30 years later and they want to take another 30 years? OMG.

Apparently change happens one funeral at a time.  :1f629:

But sadly, these bastards seem to live forever, and if they ever do die, they're immediately replaced by more of the same. Brett says, "Look at Rupert Murdoch. He could play Davros, and wouldn't need make-up to do it."

Which one is a maniacal power-drunk science fiction dictator - and which one is the newspaper magnate?
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

It would be assumed that the staff in cardiac doctor's offices have received psychological training. Patients accept long waiting times. If I show up on time and the doctor calls me between ten and twenty minutes, I don't have the feeling of wasting my (valuable) time. When it becomes forty or even sixty minutes and then the assumption is made that I am "impatient", then there is an internal communication problem, which is only too often carried out on the patient's back, and that makes me really angry, which in turn harms me . The doctor is only doing his duty. It is not his job to "turn away" patients who appear without an appointment. Some examinations / conversations take longer - no doubt. Appointments are given to be kept - from both sides! It shouldn't be a problem to speak to patients about irregularities. I am the last one who has no understanding. But obviously I am considered a 'troublemaker' or generally disliked. Well...the doctor still wants to see me again. - 😡
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

@ Inbals Tarot

Christmas Eve, 8 p.m.: I already had such a queasy feeling and see myself confirmed. Your Gemini readings appear to be p*ss*d *ff (with the exception of the annual readings). How much longer do you want to do this? They are the least clicked.😳 Who should feel addressed to look at the other chargeable two thirds? 🤑 In addition, it doesn't fit. Take an example from Chelsea.
She only publishes positive predictions, even on weekdays! Take the bull by the horns. 🐂

MeltingMan

Quote from: WDR DokuWomen need different medicine than men - women doctors know and have been demanding this for years.

It would be better if the ethics committee of the federal government deals with it. Instead, a conflict is brought into the health system that has no business there. Greed and lobbying are much worse. In addition, there is a lack of humanity and empathy - at least among employees who are on the verge of burnout. Stop this sh*t...!

Ulrich

It is annoying, infuriating and sad (all at the same time, more or less) when you "lose" old friends because they fell for stupid "conspiracy theories" or tell you other useless "facts"!  :unamused:

One guy told me on the phone how in the U.S. they were allegedly not allowing vaxinated people onto airplanes, which was just plain bullsh*t - I have friends over there I can ask if I wanna know what's really going on. Needless to say, I avoided phoning him since then.  :pouting-face

One guy, who works in laboratory at a university (of all places), feels the need to tell me that he considers the vaxination as "without effect", even though it's known that the 2 jabs + 1 booster (which he has too) offer a protection of 60%, which is certainly not "ineffective". You'd think with his job he'd have more insight into "science" than I do, but...  :1f62b:

Others posted rubbish on their FB etc., trying to "prove" strange theories, but it was all too confused to make any sense at all.  :persevere:

In short, sometimes you just wanna give up on fellow humans. :disappointed:

At least I still know a few decent people who do use their brains, so I'm ending this on a more positive note.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: City Hall L*hn*Please always reserve an appointment before visiting City Hall, unless it is an urgent emergency. Thanks.

I don't see the system as progress, because it increases the feeling of bondage and being at the mercy inside the customer/patient, sometimes for hours. It may not be a great loss for people who don't know any different, but not for my generation. I highlighted the word because, consciously or unconsciously, the reasoning has been borrowed from healthcare. 'Emergencies' also have priority there, if the red signs are to be believed. It is not the order that matters, but the urgency. This may have worked well during the pandemic, but it is unacceptable as a permanent condition.

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on June 11, 2022, 13:22:20This may have worked well during the pandemic, but it is unacceptable as a permanent condition.

I do agree, a city hall should be "open to the public" if possible. Of course making an appointment sometimes makes sense, to avoid waiting around for hours.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...