No, I will make a copy from someone else
2 (5.7%)
No, definitely not
1 (2.9%)
Still don't know
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

dsanchez

The best band of the planet will release it new DVD in a few weeks. Are you going to buy it or not?. Wathever answer, tell us why!  :D

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

sure!

two possible reasons that i can think of:
a)  the best band on the planet put out a dvd which also includes material from a show i went to see and which i thought was great
- so hell yes!  8)  :rocker

b) i'm just a sorry fool who's conditioned to check out the new releases from this poor "they used to be good" band, so even if it is/was just pure crap (like some people are about to tell me, i'm sure... ;)) i suppose i'll still do my "duty as a fan" and crawl towards the record store...
- so hell yes!  8)  :rocker

so choose the one you want, i suppose the answer's the same anyway...  ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Of course I will buy it.

I might buy a copy for a friend too. :D

Tof

Why do you ask this question ???

Of course I will buy it too !!!
Tof

crowbi_wan

Well, I'll probably get it for my birthday or Christmas.  If not, I'll surely be buying it. 

boneheadhaggar

i have dropped enough hints to my wife, so I expect it in my stocking on Christmas morning :-D :smth023
its nice to be nice

splitmilk34

Absolutely.

And The Cure isn't a "they used to be good" band... just take a look at the crap like She Wants Revenge or Panic at the Disco.  Even the Cure's worst record (WMS) blows that shite out of the water.
"... sleeping less every night"

strange_day

Hahaha..........very very true. They might not be at their commercial peak at the moment, but if anything that means more proper cure music........(Bloodflowers anyone?)

cult_hero

i won't waste my money for this release. :smth011 and i also don't want it as a christmas gift. even if cure is still my favourite band i don't think i have to buy it just because it's from the cure. i'm not a teenager anymore...  ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: cult_hero on November 14, 2006, 13:45:06
i'm not a teenager anymore...  ;)
i think i take your hint so....

Quote from: cult_hero on November 14, 2006, 13:45:06
i don't think i have to buy it just because it's from the cure.
and neither do i.  i don't buy this one just because it's a cure release - i never said that actually.
and i'd be more than happy to forward you a list of cure stuff i never purchased/traded for because i just don't feel like it's necessary for me to have everything because not everything's interesting.
so what's the difference/argument between us really?

Quoteb) i'm just a sorry fool who's conditioned to check out the new releases from this poor "they used to be good" band, so even if it is/was just pure crap (like some people are about to tell me, i'm sure... ) i suppose i'll still do my "duty as a fan" and crawl towards the record store

=

it

was

a

joke 

;)

m
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Dillinger

i dunno, i expect i will eventually. there are still a couple albums and trilogy i need which im hoping for christmas so i might buy this to hold me over

bluewater

If it has stereo (PCM) soundtrack, like trilogy had. I don´t like the idea of
having to purchase a 5.1 soundsystem.
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

lostflower4

Quote from: bluewater on November 24, 2006, 22:44:36
If it has stereo (PCM) soundtrack, like trilogy had. I don´t like the idea of
having to purchase a 5.1 soundsystem.

From what I've read, I think it will have both Dolby 5.1 and Dolby 2.0 (stereo) tracks. What gets me is that they often use lossy audio when they don't have too.

For example, the Nocturne DVD is dual-layer and has Dolby 448 audio (if I remember correctly). Yet, there are about 2 unused GB on the disc! :smth011

Dillinger

Quote from: farquad92 on November 15, 2006, 17:36:43
i dunno, i expect i will eventually. there are still a couple albums and trilogy i need which im hoping for christmas so i might buy this to hold me over

who was i kidding?  :roll:  :lol:

curiosa

sure i will buy it. saw them in berlin last year and really enjoyed the show without keyboards.

curiosa

ps: keep checking our music on www.audiri.com/seconds :rocker