Cure fan for 29 years and counting!!

Started by Krissymad, February 01, 2014, 09:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Krissymad

Hi, my name is Kristine.  I live on beautiful Vancouver Island, in British Columbia Canada.  I was first introduced to The Cure by a classmate when I was just 13.  I will be 42 this year and love them now even more than ever!!  I've been listening to them quite a lot lately and watching their concerts on YouTube and am in awe of their music and talent.  When I was a teenager, I listened to the album Disintegration in my room over and over.  Their dark and seductive music got me through all the trials and tribulations of being a teenager.  Whenever I broke up with a boyfriend or had a fight with my best friend, I would lie in my bed and let Robert's seductive voice and airy music take over my body and my mind.  There has been no other band like them ever!  I know you are all fans as well so maybe can relate but when I watch them perform and listen to them, I feel that their music was made just for me...of course, I know it wasn't, but when you love something so much, it's hard not to feel that way.  I had the privilege of seeing them live only once back in the early 90s in Vancouver.  I'm really hoping to get another opportunity to see my favourite band of all-time live again.  Cheers to you all!!

Ulrich

Hi, welcome!
This made me think "29 years, wow, a long time". Then I realised I first heard "Inbetween days" in 1985 and bought the album THOTD that same year, so for me it's (nearly) 29 years as well.  :o
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

sootycure

that's impressive :)

21 years and counting for me. started when I was 7.
I'm so glad you came
I'm so glad you remembered
To see how we're ending
Our last dance together
Reluctantly
Cautiously
But prettier than ever
I really believe that this time it's forever