(When) Will The Cure Get A Keyboardist?

Started by Bloodflower, May 31, 2007, 22:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

coxoxi

whatever they do, fine by me!
something tells me that it will happen: THE RETURN OF THE KEYBOARD  :-D

Janko

Quote from: Jozef on November 28, 2007, 05:08:18
I wasn't aware Severin was a consistent keyboards player. I knew he played them on a few Banshees albums, but I don't know how he'd work out in a live setting. That would be certainly interesting.

At the time of Roger/Perry sacking there were rumors (through COF) that Steven Severin takes the keyboards and the guitarist from Simple Minds (Charley Burchill, maybe. I think but I'm not sure) takes the lead guitar...

Severin plays keyboards (see it on You Tube with SATB circa 1991 shows) but more alike Perry, than Roger...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on June 10, 2008, 01:30:48
and the guitarist from Simple Minds (Charley Burchill, maybe. I think but I'm not sure) takes the lead guitar...

i bet THAT one was only a rumour!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Janko

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 10, 2008, 10:41:25
Quote from: Janko on June 10, 2008, 01:30:48
and the guitarist from Simple Minds (Charley Burchill, maybe. I think but I'm not sure) takes the lead guitar...

i bet THAT one was only a rumour!

Well, yes it was, but COF had pretty good sources at the time, so there had to be some talk in The Cure HQ

;)
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

mint car

I would be happy if Roger will come back to keyboards. I very missing keyboards in band and especially on concerts in Plainsong, or Lullaby etc...  :(
And when Roger will not return to band, then... Perry's comeback :D he played on keys on Wish tour and formation: Robert, Porl ,Simon, Jason and Perry is... altogether interesting :P   
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]