26th Anniversary of the last gig of Boris Williams with The Cure

Started by dsanchez, May 11, 2019, 16:25:25

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

On 13th June 1993 Boris William played his last gig ever with The Cure. We want to remember in this day his immense contribution to the band we all love, The Cure.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

No, it certainly was not on June 26th. I know, because I was there and it was the day after my birthday (which gave me a good reason to travel to London for a few days)!  :happy
Also: do we now celebrate all kinds of strange anniversaries like the 26th?  :?
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Anything to pop open a bottle and whip out a cigar Ulrich ;) join us, join us, join us
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on May 11, 2019, 17:44:27No, it certainly was not on June 26th.

fixed :)

Quote from: Ulrich on May 11, 2019, 17:44:27Also: do we now celebrate all kinds of strange anniversaries like the 26th?  :?

No, but I was watching today videos of the Boris era and gosh... The Cure really misses his input. So just a day to commemorate his work with The Cure ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Thanks for fixing the date. What I didn't know was that such footage existed! (I saw "Push" on yt and maybe a few others...)
It was the only show they played that year and Porl had just left (I was kinda surprised when I saw the pic in the program with only 4 of them!).

Ulrich

This "anniversary" is today, so I'm re-watching this vid!