2022.12.11 London - The SSE Arena Wembley (England)

Started by dsanchez, December 06, 2021, 15:45:10

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

The beginning of the end starts tonight in London. The Cure play the Wembley Arena (12.5K people capacity) three times in a row. For those going to these shows, a well located place to meetup is The Wembley Tavern which is just a few minutes away from the venue:

The Wembley Tavern
121 Wembley Park Dr, Wembley Park, Wembley HA9 8HG, United Kingdom
https://goo.gl/maps/jfybkFug2wENKGJo8

There are also some "Pre Parties" organized by the account The Cure Forever on Twitter. Please notice there's an entry fee of GBP 5 for this. More info here.
Have fun!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Interview with @SusannaRS and other fans queuing at Wembley Arena since early morning. Susanna herself has been queuing since 06:30 AM!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Setlist
Alone, Pictures Of You, A Night Like This, Lovesong, And Nothing Is Forever, The Last Day Of Summer, Want, A Fragile Thing, Burn, At Night, A Strange Day, The Hanging Garden, Push, Play For Today, Shake Dog Shake, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye, Faith, One Hundred Years, A Forest

Lullaby, The Walk, Friday I'm In Love, Close To Me, In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry.

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Review:
https://www.nme.com/reviews/live/the-cure-wembley-arena-review-photos-setlist-3365275

Quote"Oh, it's a real Sunday night disco!" chuckles The Cure frontman Robert Smith after an apt outing of the bleak and underrated 'The Last Day Of Summer' as the snow pelts down outside.

...set opener 'Alone'; a majestic slow-burner that sets the tone with a sigh as Smith squares up to the inevitability of death: "This is the end of every song we sing". It's a theme repeated in 'And Nothing Is Forever', a number with that bittersweet lightness you love from 'Plainsong' that has the frontman make peace with an approaching end: "And I know – I know – my world has grown old, but it really doesn't matter if you say we'll be together".

Beyond that, it's the marathon Cure set you've come to know and love. For every dark moment like the prog-noir banger 'Burn', the bone-rattling 'Shake Dog Shake' or the gruelling post-punk 'One Hundred Years' with its accompanying atrocity exhibition, there's the pure release of the loved-up 'Pictures Of You' or the frankly silly spoils of the closing ecstatic hit parade encore – all with the band's chemistry is aglow and a very chipper Smith's voice sounding more powerful than ever. He promises that the new songs "won't be new for much longer". All we know is that it has been worth the wait.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...