2008.05.10 Philadelphia - Wachovia Spectrum (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney

A great show, and a much better setlist than I had expected.  Nice to see some variations from show to show.  I hope they continue......

DJscribbles

funny, here we arent allowed balloons either =(

not fair - on youtube, i saw people holding up signs, and roses for the band. someone even gave robert a rose on the european tour! its like us security here is alot more strict?

wel they dont say anything about lighters... and i think kazooes are perfectly acceptable.
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

Cold

Good to see If only+Kiss back on the set!! just remove the 'freak encore' and we are on the right way!!  :D

sullen

Quote from: j on May 11, 2008, 19:33:32
By the way....bad recording night.  I barely made the show on time, then had my batteries die in the middle of the set :smth011

damn dude.
That sucks.

I had problems too and walked out with nothing.

I got fairfax, sound isnt too bad through speakers, just sounded bad in ear buds, but there is some clipping on the peaks because i went a bit nuts with the gain, and the echo in that place was terrible.

Trying to transfer it to the pc now, it keeps getting halfway through, then gives a  "can not read source file or disk" error message..

So i think this thing is toast.
Should have kept my DAT.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on May 12, 2008, 00:16:09

Trying to transfer it to the pc now, it keeps getting halfway through, then gives a  "can not read source file or disk" error message..

I'm thinking that was the same message I was getting when attempting to transfer the Download Festival.  If that's the case, you can use some file recovery software to transfer the files.  You'll most likely have some skips, though.  Have you tried playback on the iRiver?

iHP-120s + The Cure =  :smth009

sullen

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 12, 2008, 00:22:45
Quote from: sullen on May 12, 2008, 00:16:09

I'm thinking that was the same message I was getting when attempting to transfer the Download Festival.  If that's the case, you can use some file recovery software to transfer the files.  You'll most likely have some skips, though.  Have you tried playback on the iRiver?

iHP-120s + The Cure =  :smth009

iHP-120s + Anything =  :smth009

I dont think there are any skips or dignoise in it.
It plays fine in a media player through the computer, and by itself with headphones too, it just wont transfer the file to the comp.
Tried 4 times, gets to that same spot and gives that message, strange.

sullen

I'm thinking that was the same message I was getting when attempting to transfer the Download Festival.  If that's the case, you can use some file recovery software to transfer the files.  You'll most likely have some skips, though.

wait, did you have skips before you had to use the recovery software?
or will the software cause skips?

i'm ready to throw this thing out the window

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on May 12, 2008, 00:33:13

I'm thinking that was the same message I was getting when attempting to transfer the Download Festival.  If that's the case, you can use some file recovery software to transfer the files.  You'll most likely have some skips, though.

wait, did you have skips before you had to use the recovery software?
or will the software cause skips?

i'm ready to throw this thing out the window

I had skips during playback...due to the HD being shot.  Think of it like a scratch in a record.  The iRiver I was having issues with had something like three trouble spots.  Sound was fine other than those three spots.  Anyways, the skip(s), assuming you do have skips, would be the cause to your transfer difficulties.  Give it a listen, you'll be able to hear them.  If you're getting half way through the transfer process, that's where they start. 

j

No kidding.  Had the same problem with Mexico city.  Ended up being bad sectors on the iriver hard drive.  Good luck

sullen

Oh what a nightmare.

I'll figure it out after Boston.

J, Sent you a PM.

cure_kitty

Well the show in Philly last night was excellent. Robert, Porl, Simon & Jason were just kicking it. They were very tight, sounded great & were full of energy. Robert was in cheery mood and was quite chatty off & on even thought I have no idea what he said with the exception of f*ck this & that a few times. Mr. Mumbles! LOL! Laughing The new songs were good. I love Freakshow & The Only One I'm liking it the more I hear it. And The Perfect Boy (quite Wishy sounding) was good even after just one listen.

I was surprised but very glad to hear Koyto Song, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep & The Kiss. The Kiss was insane! One of my favorites live! Highlights of the night for me were A Strange Day, Push, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea & the Old School Encore! I'm glad they changed the set-list a bit too. Would have liked to have heard some B-SIDES!!!!!!!!!! But still every song they played was great. I did miss the keyboards with some of the songs but Porl did an excellent job playing the KB parts on the guitar.  :-D

Robert does look a lot more thinner but I think he needs a better look. He was his in his usual just got out of bed look. Porl looked great. Loved his look, see through black shirt, shiny black pants with reflector strips & red (I think they were red) shoes. Simon was wearing that goofy hat in the beginning but he took it off. He looks great too having his usual black tank top & tight pants. Couldn't really see Jason from where I was.

The crowd was into the show well at least in the section I was in. Quite a bit of head bobbing & dancing & singing along. A mixture of young & older fans but plenty were more of the 80's Pop/Top 40 Fans. They only know the poppy stuff. When FYEOTDS, 100 Years, Grinding Halt, Open, End, Fire in Cario, How Beautiful You Are, Maybe Someday etc played, they were clueless. Didn't know the songs at all but at least they enjoyed the show.

Had decent seats on the 1st level, I was on Simon's Side of the stage and quite close to the stage. Has a great view since the people in front of us were all very short people. So I got some good pictures. Ah what an excellent night. I wish I could travel to all the NA shows. But I'm glad to at least be able to see the Chicago show. I was drained & exhausted at the end from all of the dancing, jumping & singing & screaming I was doing. The show almost 3 hours long! So I'll have to say Yes the wait from Sept was certainly worth it!  :smth023

rodney

One thing I really noticed is that this is a ROCK show, no doubts about it.  The dream-like quality that the keyboards brought is gone, and a powerful rawness has replaced it.  Great stuff.

cure_kitty

Quote from: rodney on May 12, 2008, 15:13:50
One thing I really noticed is that this is a ROCK show, no doubts about it.  The dream-like quality that the keyboards brought is gone, and a powerful rawness has replaced it.  Great stuff.

Yes I agree!  I do love the dreamy Cure sound but I love the edgy & raw guitar sound they are playing now!  :smth023

cure_kitty

I've added some pictures from the Philly Show to the Gallery.  They are not the best, a bit dark....I'm not the best photographer but a few I got were not too bad.   :lol:

disintegration

Except for the new "a perfect boy", this setlist is the same of the european tour!
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!