New!

Started by Splintered in his head, July 16, 2010, 19:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Splintered in his head

Hi

I´ve reached the biblical age of "39" and have been listening to the Cure for a long time.
I bought my first record "The head on the door" in 1986, at this time it was already 12 months out. A good friend of mine used to buy all bootlegs and rarities he could get his hands on (even the flexipop testpressing), but has meanwhile sold everything.
My first concert was in Essen in May 1989, the only other concert I´ve ever been to was in Cologne, Tanzbrunnen in 2004. Probably one of the very few concerts played at daylight. They wanted to play faith in the end but had to stop due to curfew hours at 22:00. Also most of the songs from the new album were played for the first time...the hole thing was so strange...the band being in some unusual good mood.
WMS let me forget the Cure for years but I came back for bloodflowers which is their strongest effort to me since then. Recently I came into possession of the only cure item that could be considered as rare among my stuff: a poster from the faith tour with original autographs from robert, lol and simon. I love it.

See you on the forum
Ralf

japanesebaby

welcome  :)
Quote from: Splintered in his head on July 16, 2010, 19:27:15
Recently I came into possession of the only cure item that could be considered as rare among my stuff: a poster from the faith tour with original autographs from robert, lol and simon. I love it.

that's a nice one.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

Quote from: Splintered in his head on July 16, 2010, 19:27:15
See you on the forum
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Welcome here!
Thanks for your introduction, hope to see you a lot here on the forum  :smth023

Trust...
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x