What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on April 12, 2021, 15:40:17In case anyone wants to know how it looked in the towns after the cyclone went through last night

Pretty rough. But glad to hear you "only" had rain. Sorry to hear about casualties elsewhere.  :1f62a:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

If this isn't the most astute summing-up-in-a-nutshell of the two major political parties in Australia, I don't know what is:

QuoteThe other key aspect of the Liberal identity is that it acts as a machine for taking bribes from corporations to deliver policy outcomes (in the same way the Labor Party is a machine for converting bribes from large unions into results for unions, although the latter, given they serve large numbers of workers rather than investors, tend to align more with the interests of working households).
from https://www.crikey.com.au/2021/04/16/morrison-government-get-things-done/
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

One member that I know has been offline since 2017 and then another where the 'last activity' is not visible from the profile. Now my question: do I have to log in to see whether I have received PM or is it because of the settings? In the past, with the old software, I was 'notified'. 🤔
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

I still get notifications for PMs in my email, @MeltingMan.  I've sent you a "Test Message" so you can see if it pops up in your email too.  :)
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

Thank you @SueC. So I have to log in. I'll take a look at my settings...

OK, I checked the boxes. 😎

SueC

This is soooo cool!

The oldest surviving architectural drawing in the Western World, from 830 AD...

...and people building the thing using the architectural methods of the time - and eating the food of the time...and apparently anyone can apply to join in...

https://www.campus-galli.de/
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

Caroline Munro (by Hans Peters, 1974)  :cool

Ulrich

Bizarre event of the day: out on my mum's terrace I saw something lying there, alarmed I walked closer to look (thought it might be part of a roof tile!), it turned out to be a chocolate bar (or part thereof)!  :1f632:
How did it get there? My 2 guesses: 1. a bird picked it up somewhere and lost it on its way
2. someone didn't like it and decided to toss it away (and it's quite a distance from the sidewalk)!

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrichout on my mum's terrace

Strange. Your mother has nothing to do with it, or maybe she does?

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 22, 2021, 17:18:06Your mother has nothing to do with it, or maybe she does?

Not at all, she was as surprised as me, when I walked in with the chocolate bar (it was a bit wet, after rain in the morning).
Despite the curfew, I have the suspicion that some youths were outside last night (plus there is a school not too far, pupils with stupid things in mind in the morning maybe?)...

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on April 22, 2021, 14:51:50Bizarre event of the day: out on my mum's terrace I saw something lying there, alarmed I walked closer to look (thought it might be part of a roof tile!), it turned out to be a chocolate bar (or part thereof)!  :1f632:
How did it get there? My 2 guesses: 1. a bird picked it up somewhere and lost it on its way
2. someone didn't like it and decided to toss it away (and it's quite a distance from the sidewalk)!

(I think (2) is more likely - knowing humans - but alas, my advancing cynicism biases me...)

So I was thinking, maybe chocolate isn't what it used to be.  :angel

(And I bet it wasn't Lindt!)

PS:

3. It fell out of an aeroplane
4. It was the garden gnomes
5. It was a humble offering from an anonymous person who would like to befriend your household
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Re slated possibility #4:  @Ulrich, your culprit may look like this:

These guys are from Scandinavia, so he's a long way from home...

In other matters, I thought this was rather interesting - and fun comments from the people being interviewed! :)

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on April 22, 2021, 19:13:07(And I bet it wasn't Lindt!)

5. It was a humble offering from an anonymous person who would like to befriend your household

Well it was Milka & the pure chocolate (i.e. the packaging had been removed), hence it was wet (maybe even melted a bit on the terrace tiles). I'm not becoming a friend through this...

SueC

Milka is actually not too bad!   :)   Of course, not half-eaten and lying around... 🤢

Who on earth would abandon Milka chocolate halfway?  And why?   :1f62e:
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

My 'complex final exam' today - thirty years ago. Because an older finding was supposedly missing, I got a worse overall grade. If the examiner likes you, he / she will help you pass the exam. These two (lecturers) didn't care whether they blocked my future chances in the long term or not, because they did, and I think they were aware of it. And that in a job in which there are hardly any opportunities for advancement and where earnings are even worse. I know who I owe this to. A person who cracked down on vulgar jokes and humiliated me in front of the whole class - and no, it wasn't a man ...🤮