Swedish Cure cartoon

Started by fiction, May 14, 2010, 09:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

Coco Moodysson has released a comic album titled "Jag är ditt fan in i döden" wich means I´m Your fan until death and it´s a real treat. It´s like a dictionary or maybe rather a field guide wrapped like a box of candy. Basicly it´s a docmentary about a fancommunity and a concert where the main carachter bring the reader facts about the band and Robert Smith. Every chapter starts with a word and the number of how many times that specific word is used in Cure songs. In the end there is a dream sequence where we meet RS and a women begging him; Please... Give me something... Anything! The answer from Robert is; "Please stop loving me, I´m none of these things."

I don´t know if it´s available in english but there should be no problems of getting it translated I think.
again and again and again and again and again and...

dsanchez

Thanks for the info, found this blog, looks like the "official" site of this comic

http://cocomoodysson.blogspot.com/2010/01/jag-ar-ditt-fan-in-i-doden.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

M

Any swedish speaking cure-fan might wanna check this one out.

http://www.bokus.com/bok/9789170375200/jag-ar-ditt-fan-in-i-doden/
"London 2009.In a dark alley is a group of hopeful fans, waiting for Robert Smith, lead singer of the legendary black rock band the Cure. Among those who are there are BennyTheCurefan, IfOnly2Night, Juice4Cure and Caterpillar Girl, all dedicated fans of the Cure, who have come to know each other through the fan sites on the web. They have their mobile phone cameras and autograph blocks at the ready for the long-awaited meeting with his idol. A bunch of emo Italian 40-year-old are playing Pink Floyd songs on banjos, the night is getting darker and darker, colder and colder.
Will Robert Smith really come out? And is he really like that Cool as everyone says?
Coco Moodysson's fourth comic "I'm your fan 'til death" is an obsessessed, happy and sad comic book about a hero larger than life itself. About the expectation, favorite songs, affiliation, Robert Smith's body odor and a fateful ride in East Sussex. "

japanesebaby

thanks for the link M.

have you read this already? is it ironic or goes along with the hero worship? i might check it out if it's the former.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

M

I just ordered it, so I really don't know. I'll bump this thread when I've read it.  :roll:

lostflower4

Is it just me or is that depiction of Robert really creepy?  I mean, he looks like a big fat muppet/monster.

I think I'd be RUNNING if I saw something like that coming down the steps!  :lol:

dsanchez

Quote from: M on July 16, 2010, 20:34:08
Any swedish speaking cure-fan might wanna check this one out.

merging topics, this was already posted by fiction.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo