I'm happy that you're here but didn't you actually want disband The Cure?

Started by dsanchez, February 16, 2008, 18:02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

That's one of the most stupid questions I've seen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z4EeG8CTLSM

What the hell was thinking that guy?

ps. by the way what a beautiful song is "Cut here". Was this played live?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

haha.. lost in translation maybe?  :P

i agree .. i never really felt i liked it much.. it sounded good, but i think they had it taped, and singing along? SURELY they wouldn't mime...  :roll: the norm on these TOTP shows..
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

crowbi_wan

David, that's not live.  Sometimes they'll do live vocals, but this was straight off the tape.   :smth011 

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Guys, guys, my message was specially addressed to the very stupid question of the guy...not so much about the awesome "Cut here"...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

:D  yes , i know... very stupid question..

I love it when Robert just says "no"... and the host says "good answer"... what was Robert suppossed to say? ( with the band standing right there?)

:smth043
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on February 16, 2008, 19:24:24
Guys, guys, my message was specially addressed to the very stupid question of the guy...not so much about the awesome "Cut here"...
I've already seen this video before, and I was astonished by the question. But at the same time I found that guy very embarassed of being close to Bob, so I felt tenderness for him, also because he had no blame of what he asked...authors are guilty!! :lol:

And yeah, this song is amazing...but in playback it's a sin!!!
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

melly

oh dear god, what a TOSSER. stupid boy asking that...but I laughed when I saw the look on Roberts' face...hehehe... if only Robert had said what went through his mind right at that second...I know people go to jelly when they get the opportunity to speak to band members, but this knob was hosting a show, he should have had a better question ready...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

[labyrinth]

the best thing of this videoclip is the answer :

hmm. no!

fantastic!

:-D

anyway, Cut Here was played live only 4 times (one was in Rome in 2002)

scottm

Ok, this sure is an old post, but I just saw a link to it and thought I'd share a few thoughts ;)

One, I don't blame the guy. Like someone else posted above, those clowns just read what people tell them to read. I bet he felt like an **** afterwards... but I also think the question was probably lost in translation a little like someone else said. Robert's been saying for years that whatever album just came out is the last album and he'd actually made a huge production of that after Bloodflowers.

Anyway, onto two, Robert's simple "no" response sure reminds me of this classic Alex Trebek youtube vid...
Alex Trebek Laughs at Contestent

Three, why on earth is Robert lip syncing? I remember listening in great detail to one of Robert's tirades after the 1990 NME awards where everyone EXCEPT them lip synced. After the way he ranted, I'd have never have expected him to do this.

They have done the song live before several times during the 2002 shows. I guess it just wasn't an option for this TV show.
"But real lives are the reason why
we want to live another life." - Out of This World

wish-man

Quote from: dsanchez on February 16, 2008, 18:02:25
ps. by the way what a beautiful song is "Cut here". Was this played live?

Yep! http://www.foreverdrowning.net/stats.php?stat=1&annee=&titre=57

About stupid question. I agree with scatcat. The boy really mistranslate question on his mind  ;)
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

dsanchez

Quote from: scottm on September 24, 2010, 08:41:39
Three, why on earth is Robert lip syncing? I remember listening in great detail to one of Robert's tirades after the 1990 NME awards where everyone EXCEPT them lip synced. After the way he ranted, I'd have never have expected him to do this.
That's a funny video Scott :lol:

Anyway, that's strange what you said because that was not the first time The Cure did lip syncing. They already did it in 1986 (and I think before, too)

THE CURE-boys don't cry & close to me (1986 tv countdown)

Quote from: scottm on September 24, 2010, 08:41:39
They have done the song live before several times during the 2002 shows. I guess it just wasn't an option for this TV show.
Yeah, 4 times to be precise according the link of wish-man. It would be nice if they played this song next time they go on a tour ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo