Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

Missing Persons - Mental Hopscotch. Thanx Poe for the reminder!
again and again and again and again and again and...

jbud1980

fiction

The Fools - Psycho Chicken

fiction

While cooking meatballs, wrappin´ gifts and doing some laundry I´ve been going through my albums with Gun Club. Current album is Mother Juno so I´ve been busy for a while. Gotta love Jeffrey Lee Pierce´s voice.

crowbi_wan

The xx

What a fantastic album!  I'd heard a few tracks from their myspace before when I noticed they were coming to town.  Kind of forgot about them once I realized I'd be unable to attend the gig.  Glad I thought to look them up again.   :smth020 

fiction

Hockey - Mind Chaos. As soon as I realized that the same reviewers that praised and super-hyped Glasvegas gave Hockey a thick thumb down I undestood that I would probably like Hockey as much as I felt distaste when hearing Glasvegas and their depressing teen-pop. And gee was I right!

fiction

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 24, 2009, 07:11:10
The xx
What a fantastic album!  I'd heard a few tracks from their myspace before when I noticed they were coming to town.  Kind of forgot about them once I realized I'd be unable to attend the gig.  Glad I thought to look them up again.   :smth020 

Thanx for the tip crowbi. I wasn´t aware of this bands existance but I have to say that after checking them up they sounds promising to me from the songs that I listened to today.

fiction

Slowdive - When the Sun Hits. Thank You again dsanchez for the reminder long time ago. My copy of "Souvlaki" was so full with dust and domestic debris just some six or seven months ago. It´s funny, because just a few minutes ago I was listening to another band that I almost forgotten; namely Missing Persons and that´s because of another Curefan-tip from Poe. As a matter of fact there are some nics here that posts good tips; dsanchez, poe and crowbi_wan; I owe You three much musical fun!

ad: I´m happy to see that my 400th post was a nice one.

japanesebaby

Magenta Skycode: Were Going To Climb/Escaping Outdoors  :)

video for 'We're Going To Climb"

awesome that they've finally released some new material. the new songs are released only on limited edition (529 copies) 7", all have exclusive artwork on the back of the sleeve - recently got my copy, it's #160/529 and chose it because there's a watercolor of a owl-like figure on the back.

you can listen to both songs on the band's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/magentaskycode

(btw there was an interview of the band's songwriter/singer jori sjöroos in one magazine some time ago, the pics for the interview were taken at his home. known to be a cure fan, the front cover pic of him with a watercolor of robert smith hanging on the background. just some random curespotting i couldn't miss...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Gun Club - Continental Club, Buffalo, NY 1982. I never saw the Guns live but if I could wish a band (that I missed) to see live that´ll be Gun Club. This is so mindboggingly vivid.

jbud1980

Underneath the Bridge-Nirvana (one of the few Nirvana songs I like)  :smth020

crowbi_wan

Adam Franklin - Dual (live @ Sonic Boom Records in Seattle, WA  :smth020

Adam Franklin

edit: wtf happened to the embeded video?  I can see it when I preview the page? 

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

fiction

Robots in Disguise - Evereybody´s Going Crazy

japanesebaby

RATM - Killing in the name

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/dec/20/rage-against-machine-christmas-number-1

In recent years, it had become as predictable as elections in North Korea – singer wins X Factor, singer's debut single goes to No 1. So when Joe McElderry won the TV talent contest, he was no doubt confident he would celebrate Christmas at the top of the charts.

Alas for the 18-year-old from South Shields, it wasn't to be: a song almost his own age denied him the top spot after a successful online campaign.

Killing In The Name, an expletive-heavy rock song first released in 1992 by the Californian rock band Rage Against the Machine, won the battle for Christmas top spot on the basis of downloads only. It sold about 500,000 copies last week, about 50,000 more than The Climb, McElderry's earnest ballad.

[...]

But arguably the real victor here was a rock fan from Essex who started a Facebook group a month ago with the (then) pie-in-the-sky idea of usurping the X Factor winner from the no 1 slot.

Jon Morter, 35, a part-time rock DJ and logistics expert from South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford, decided it would be a bit of a giggle to start a campaign to encourage people to buy a record with pretty much the opposite vibe to the X Factor winner's ballad. While McElderry urges listeners to "keep the faith", the Rage track is best known for its now-ironic refrain: "f*ck you, I won't do what you tell me."

:lol:  :rocker
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine