Brit Awards 2019

Started by Mez7000, February 21, 2019, 11:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Mez7000

Ok all this is my post Brit Awards rant!

I've been a fan of The Cure since 1986, have bordered on obsession, seen them live many times and still love them every bit as much as I did when I first listened to them all those years ago.

In my opinion, The Cure have contributed considerably to the music industry over the years and have influenced many a band, so yet again I am angered that there is no award to this fine band at the Brit Awards.  They give an award to Pink for "outstanding contribution to music" FFS.

It's the band's 40th anniversary, I expected them to get an achievement award but yet again the twonks at the Brits over look one of worlds finest band's.

Maybe Little Mix will win a life time achievement award next year or even Bros now that they've come out of retirement cause the bank accounts empty.  That's the craziness of these damn awards!

Totally unfair and unjustifiable!

If it was my choice I'd give every bloody award to Robert and the gang

Rant over!
21.07.89 - Birmingham NEC
19.01.91 - Great British Music Weekend, Wembley Arena
01.05.92 - St. Austell Coliseum
25.06.95 - Glastonbury
16.12.96 - Birmingham NEC

...still too few times and far too long since the last gig!

Ulrich

Well, I myself would prefer if they received a Brit award in a year in which they release(d) a new album!
(I mean, in 2018 they haven't done that much, apart from playing a few anniversary shows. The new stuff they recorded is only just being finished off, so it will be while still...)

Instead of moaning about any awards they did not get, be happy about the praise they receive:
http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=8894.0
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Mez7000

Oh I'm more than pleased for the awards they've received most notably the induction into the rock and roll hall of fame, but you have to vent your spleen sometimes!

A new album would be great, but still sure Little Mix would win everything at the Brits! 😆
21.07.89 - Birmingham NEC
19.01.91 - Great British Music Weekend, Wembley Arena
01.05.92 - St. Austell Coliseum
25.06.95 - Glastonbury
16.12.96 - Birmingham NEC

...still too few times and far too long since the last gig!

word_on_a_wing

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: Mez7000 on February 21, 2019, 21:58:29
A new album would be great, but still sure Little Mix would win everything at the Brits! 😆

Yeah, so what? I can only guess The Cure don't give much attention to a thing like this...

As far as I know, the band received a Brit award for 1990. Even RS said he thought they should've gotten one for the year before that!!!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...