Robert is a Hooligan, and lives outside Philly ;)

Started by j, November 11, 2008, 18:29:26

Previous topic - Next topic

j

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20081111_After_Phils_rally__fire_volunteer_finds_himself_in_hot_seat.html

:lol:

After Phils rally, fire volunteer finds himself in hot seat

By REGINA MEDINA
Philadelphia Daily News

medinar@phillynews.com 215-854-5985

For 16 months, Robert Smith was a devoted volunteer firefighter of an Upper Darby fire company.

But the night the Philadelphia Phillies brought home the World Series crown, according to authorities, Smith's honorable service - and his wallet - was lost.

Smith was among the crowd that blocked a city fire truck headed north on Broad Street near Walnut, and he joined other phanatics as they climbed on top of the fire truck, city police said yesterday

Police determined that Smith, who was not working as a firefighter at the time, was in the mob because he left his wallet behind on the fire truck, police allege. The chaotic scene also was captured on video

Smith, 28, of Clifton Heights, was arrested Thursday and charged with criminal mischief, rioting, failure to disperse, tampering with fire hydrants and disorderly conduct, police said.

He was suspended yesterday from his volunteer job at Station 74, Primos-Secane Westbrook Park Fire Company, said Tom Micozzie, chairman of its board of directors.

"Knowing what your mission is and what these guys do, and knowing there was a call waiting, and you interfered with that, it's beyond comprehension if you're in this business," he said.

The matter goes in front of the board of directors, Micozzie said. If the board finds Smith guilty, then he will be brought up on expulsion charges, which would be voted on by the fire company's 40 members.

Suspension is automatic if you break the rule: "Never do or say anything that will discredit the name of the fire company."

"That's the brotherhood," Micozzie said, referring to the truck that was blocked on Broad Street, which had been responding to a call to assist people trapped in an elevator. "There are firemen in that truck, that's one of our own. He missed one critical imperative of being a firefighter."

Smith and others allegedly jumped on the roof of the ladder truck while officers tried unsuccessfully to get the revelers down. Eventually, the truck turned onto Sansom Street and firefighters were able to remove the crowd from the truck.

Police also need help from the public in identifying another man who was seen vandalizing a flagpole at Broad and Walnut streets. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 215-686-8477. *

nausearockpig

AStaticWhiteSound

When you really think about it, there are probably a lot of Robert Smith's, lol. I mean, even if it was just Bob Smith. Smith is a common last name, and both Bob and Robert are common first names, lol. I wonder if there are any real Cure fans who's name is RS, lol.
A charcoal face bites my hand... My Cure guitar and bass covers

j

It's funny...there is a government subsidized "retirement community" (for lack of a better term) in a town near me.  It is a building that is about 6 stories tall, and at the top it says "Robert Smith Towers"

sullen

Quote from: j on November 14, 2008, 11:22:21
It's funny...there is a government subsidized "retirement community" (for lack of a better term) in a town near me.  It is a building that is about 6 stories tall, and at the top it says "Robert Smith Towers"

pics please!!!

fiction

Is it that in Pottstown?
again and again and again and again and again and...

j

fiction

Quote from: j on January 01, 2009, 23:09:37
Look at you!  How did you find that out?

The Internet is magic! But I didn´t find a picture with the sign visible.

j

I will be near the building Saturday morning.  I'll see if I remember to take a pic of it

fiction

Quote from: j on January 01, 2009, 23:41:43
I will be near the building Saturday morning.  I'll see if I remember to take a pic of it

Yeah, You do that. That would actually be fun. Hope You don´t feel stalked :lol:

japanesebaby

Quote from: sullen on January 01, 2009, 17:31:31

pics please!!!

indeed, that would look great here -> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5802.0.html
please!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

I'll see what I can do.  It isn't in a very nice part of town.  Gotta watch myself...good looking white guy in a Mercedes getting out in the ghetto to take pics  :shock:

j

fiction

j