2007.10.21 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, August 09, 2007, 23:34:27

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Darth_Blood

Tof

Tof

Darth_Blood

and there are gosips about a 3rd night ... 2 already nights almost sold out  by now!!!

:rocker

Bloodflower

Show should have started by now. Hope everyone's enjoying themselves. Here's to hoping you guys get those alternate encores from last night!

(Is anyone getting texts from people at the show about setlists? I've had a funny feeling about a different song opening tonight and tomorrow.)
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on October 22, 2007, 04:28:16
I've had a funny feeling about a different song opening tonight and tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe they'll do like in Miami and open with OOTW.  Want is a possibility as well.  Three nights of Open is a little monotonous. 

j

All I can say is HOLY SHIT!!!!

yet another Curefans exclusive.....

Plainsong
Prayers For Rain
A Night Like This
End of the World
Lovesong
To Wish Impossible Things
Shake Dog Shake
Figurehead
FTEOTDGS
Strange Day
A BOY I NEVER KNEW
Pictures of You
Lullaby
Catch
Hot Hot Hot
Please Project
Push
Inbetween Days
Just Like Heaven
Primary
Never Enough
Wrong Number
100 Years
Shiver and Shake
Disintegration

Encore 1

At Night
M
Play For Today
A Forest

Encore 2

Holy Hour
Other Voices
Faith

Encore 3

Boys Don't Cry

dsanchez

Quote from: j on October 22, 2007, 06:02:20
Set list in a minute.  All I can say is HOLY SHIT!!!!

We're all here waiting for a new Curefans.com exclusive! :rocker
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

crowbi_wan

:shock: :shock: Maui f*cking wowie  :shock: :shock:  Sounds like a sweet concert!  Though ending all that with BDC  :?

Bloodflower

j

Quote from: Bloodflower on October 22, 2007, 06:19:22
HOLY SHIT!

How did your recording turn out?

HOLY SHIT!

Let's not talk about it right now.....seriously.  I'm not in a good mood over it.  Plus they ruined a great set by playing BDC at the end.

But I can tell you that I feel like I have been in a 3 hour long earthquake.  I was right under the stacks on Simon's side, and I think my body is still shaking from the bass!

I can also honestly say that the wait for A Boy I Never Knew was well worth it.  Right up my alley.  Miserable.

dsanchez

The song "A Boy I Never Knew" has been thrown around by Robert Smith as one of the most "depressing" songs he's ever made as it is supposedly about the son whom he never had.[1]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cure_(album)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Bloodflower

Ah, sorry to hear that, J!

Do we have any other confirmed tapers? Do you know how any of their recordings turned out?

How was the show from your end? How was Prayers For Rain without keys? Or To Wish Impossible Things, for that matter? Did The Holy Hour have the keyboard backing tracks going? (Along with the lyrics, I've always felt the keyboard melody is the best thing about The Holy Hour.)

Are you going to be at the third night?

@Brian: Looks like we were right! Different opener tonight! (If I had to guess, I'd say tomorrow will open with a new song.)

j

I thought we weren't going to talk about it?  ;)

The guy that bought the ticket for me got stuck in traffic and didn't get to the venue until 7:15.  Plainsong had already started with me and another guy from Mexi-cure waiting outside.  Ran to the mens room to unload the gear and set up.  Prayers started.  Made it in the venue about half way through Prayers, then the annoying C next to me asked "What's that?" right into my right mic.  Lucky for her she was beyond HOT.  Listen, Honey, if you are reading this....yes I had 5 pesos for you to borrow and I would have given it to you if you weren't all over your husband 2 seconds before you tried to sweet talk me into giving you money.

Then there were other recording problems at various points....if you aren't a fan of bass-y recordings, don't listen to my recording.  What a difference being back by the board vs. being under the stacks makes.  I absolutely needed the rolloff tonight.

Sullen was supposed to be recording, as was Mike (http://www.carnagevisors.tk/).  I'm sure that there were more.