Hello from Los Angeles...

Started by ultradave, December 29, 2016, 22:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

ultradave

Just stumbled across this forum since www.thecure.com is down.  Not sure how that happened.  Did Robert pull the plug on the site?

Been listening to the Cure since I saw the video for Why Can't I Be You? on MTV back in the 80's.  I was about 11 or 12 at the time and was intrigued with this grown man wearing a bear suit dancing around and I totally loved the song.  It still is one of my favourites.  The Kiss Me LP started my beginning and I just fell in love with Disintegration.  In 90 I joined a Cure Fan club, but I forget the name of it, but I received a monthly magazine and had made some connections with fellow cure fans across the US.  I only remember 2 in particular.  One girl went by the name of Image, but I forget the state she was in.  The other girl was in a city called Nacogdoches, TX.  I can't remember her name though.  Man!   I haven't thought about this for decades!!!  At any rate, I went by the name "The Exploding Boy".

So my life pretty much took the norm.  I got married 18 years ago and now have 3 budding Cure fans.  One boy and 2 girls.  My oldest is 11 now and then I have twins - one boy and one girl. 

I've seen the Cure about 8 times or so out here in California.  I missed the last tour though.  My favourite was probably during their Disintegration Tour where they played Dodger Stadium.  That was a great show, except for getting a beer thrown from the level above which poured all over my black clothes.  Not cool, but I still enjoyed the show nonetheless.  Love & Rockets and The Pixies were openers.  I saw them at the Rose Bowl for their Wish Tour.  That was an amazing show as well.

My favourite Cure song is Birdmad Girl, possibly because my favourite animal is a polar bear.  :smth023

So hello to all my fellow cure fans.  Keep on listening to the Cure!  :smth020
"I'm falling through the stars..."

Ulrich

Hello to L.A. & welcome.

Quote from: ultradave on December 29, 2016, 22:35:49
Just stumbled across this forum since www.thecure.com is down.  Not sure how that happened.  Did Robert pull the plug on the site?

No, worked last time I looked. (Not that I look very often, here is more busy even in quieter times...)
If a website isn't working temporarily, doesn't mean someone "pulled the plug". There is a multitude of possible reasons (server problems, maintenance work etc.)!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: ultradave on December 29, 2016, 22:35:49
Just stumbled across this forum since www.thecure.com is down.

Did you meant the forum there? It was finally closed in 2013.
Welcome and thanks for the introduction.  :smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

ultradave

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 30, 2016, 17:23:25
Did you meant the forum there? It was finally closed in 2013.
Welcome and thanks for the introduction.  :smth023

No.  I was curious to see if there was any "NEW" news on 4:14 Scream and I tried accessing www.thecure.com and I kept getting an error, so I searched "is thecure.com down?" and the curefans.com link came up.   :smth020 :smth023
"I'm falling through the stars..."

Ulrich

Hi and welcome Willy.

Quote from: WillytheKid on December 31, 2016, 02:25:00
I now live in San Jose, Costa Rica but im originally from Caracas, Venezuela. I've been living in Costa Rica for seven years now.

So why did you post in a topic called "Hello from Los Angeles"?  :?

If you want your "own" introduction thread let me know, then I will move this!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...