Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Did 86km by bicycle today (forgot to start the recording button at the beginning in the app though but it does not matter). Three countries in 6 hours: Slovakia, Hungary and Austria :cool

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on May 29, 2019, 09:05:42
Quote from: chemicaloverload on May 28, 2019, 21:37:01
Quote from: dsanchez on May 28, 2019, 21:07:15Because I am the most liked user on curefans.com :oops:

Hahaha Mr Popular ;).

Pah, that's just because people see he's the Admin.  :winking_tongue

Hahahaha I know right, the table is a fix!

chemicaloverload

Thank you Mr Popular, you've made my morning a happy one

Ulrich

... I can watch The Cure live via internet, even though they are far away in Australia! Sound & picture quality are good!  :smth023

dsanchez

Bolivia 1 - Peru 3 with some nice goals :)

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

In 2013, I missed six volumes in my Strindberg collection. Now it is complete. Bubbly time! 🍾
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Peru classified to the final of Copa America (plays with Brazil on Sunday) and Simon Gallup smiled at me:)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Pan american games just started in Lima yesterday, first time we host the games! And the inauguration was awesome!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on May 08, 2019, 16:14:36Did 86km by bicycle today (forgot to start the recording button at the beginning in the app though but it does not matter). Three countries in 6 hours: Slovakia, Hungary and Austria :cool

Wow, we can't do that here - I mean, yes we can ride 86km (in theory, but at the moment it would kill me I think, we had the flu really badly recently and are still recovering fitness), but in Australia we could ride 20,000km or more and still never get to another country unless we had some kind of amphi-bicycle...

You're talking not only to a Cure-enjoying household, but also to a cycling household - but not as serious as you.  When I was a whippersnapper, I time trialled for a bit (outdoors trials), and toured a lot, and generally rode my bicycle everywhere because I was dirt poor and couldn't afford a car, or even a driver's license for one, till age 21 - after university.  The silver lining was that I got incredibly fit, and didn't have such a huge carbon footprint.  Have you ever seen that cycling saying, "Burn fat, not oil"?

The longest distance I ever did in a day touring was 120km.  It took 6 hours (it was as flat as anything) and there was a lot of wind.  I think I could probably do a 50km (flattish) ride at a stretch these days, but would have to prepare seriously for anything longer or significantly hilly, because I no longer cycle everywhere... Our current regular training ride is a mere 16km... laughable, I know, but we're planning to stretch it as the weather improves... why can't there be 40 hours in a day?

I gather it's mountainous where you cycle?

Are you watching the Tour de France?
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Happy today because:

-It was finally nice and sunny after several days of grey sky and refrigerator temperatures that made me wonder if we were having a nuclear winter I'd missed by not watching the news

-I trimmed eight donkey hooves in the one session, which means these guys are fine for the next month.  Let me introduce you to Nelly and Benjamin:

Benjamin knows he's really cute... he has zebra characteristics, like leg stripes, and the appearance of his head...

These two donkeys (a mother/son pair) needed a good home late last year, and because we already had three donkeys, we were asked.  You'd think anyone who's got three donkeys wouldn't possibly want any more, but after visiting these guys, we couldn't say no...

Our three original donkeys we've had since 2012, and they came from our Donkey Society, whom I'd dropped a note saying I was available to adopt some donkeys in need of a good home.  This group came up because the owner had health problems, and she wanted her donkeys to stay together as a group because one of them (the spotted one) is blind and needs her friends as guide donkeys.  Meet Don Quixote, Mary Lou and Sparkle:

Donkeys appear to have Easter Bunny and teddy bear DNA and greatly contribute to the happiness of all the people I know who have donkeys.  They are such characters.  And the noises they make... :rofl

Further reasons for happiness:

-Sushi for lunch - we did smoked salmon and cucumber today

-A nice morning walk with my husband and our dog, who was chasing the tennis ball everywhere

Jess the dog:

And with us on a mountain climb recently:

I'm not bothered if people know what we look like; I contribute to a lifestyle magazine and we've been regularly in print, with photos, for years, even to the point that my husband got recognised and stopped in the supermarket last year! Just to clarify, that's because the alternative lifestyle community in Australia is smallish and fairly connected.

-The drainage ditch finally got completed - there's been a curse on it, I swear; for weeks it's been raining on me every time I go out to try to work on it, but now it is DONE!!!

- We had pizza for dinner

- And we're watching Loch Ness to see whodunnit; next episode is later this evening!  ;)

This is just the main points.  I could go on for hours about birdsong and fresh air and all the basics of life being lovely.  I mean, I used to do gratefulness journalling and that always turned into a long list that included things like the colours of the feathers of the birds in the garden...

Hope you all are having a happy day. :)
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on May 30, 2019, 13:18:22... I can watch The Cure live via internet, even though they are far away in Australia! Sound & picture quality are good!  :smth023

We watched that too!  :) But it dropped out three times, due to the poor quality of the transmission tower in our local area.  I was just grateful to see any of it, and we now have the thing downloaded so we can watch it again without interruption.  :cool
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Thank you for the pics, nice to see you and your partner and all the animals!

Quote from: SueC on July 27, 2019, 14:23:57Hope you all are having a happy day. :)

Yeah, it's okay, most work is done.
Heat is slowly going away (possible thunderstorms coming on)...
Maybe going to the cinema (Cure @ Hyde Park) tomorrow, fingers crossed!