What made you feel sad today?

Started by scatcat, November 16, 2007, 15:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvURobert

Quote from: melly on January 12, 2008, 10:31:24
LuvURobert... I understand how your Dad will be feeling, so don't be too upset about the puppy...best he goes to a new home now, not when he has grown to love your Dad....and just hug your Dad...you both need it.... :smth056

Thanks, Melly!  It's just sad, but I know it's best.  Yes, I'm going to see Dad today or tomorrow and give him lots of hugs.

And Lara ~ I sent you a PM, too, I hope you are ok and I'm sending you the biggest hug ever!!  Hang in there and hope to see you soon.   :smth060
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Lady

Quote from: Carnage Visor on January 10, 2008, 02:58:50
:smth011
When someone's having their sweet sixteen and inviting people to their party...

DO NOT pass out invitations around the kids you are not inviting!

It's rude and hurtful to [me] the person not being invited!
Plus, what have I even ever done to these people? Nothing. I'm just simply not cool enough. The people who were invited were huge pricks, and rightfully did not deserve the invitations.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I would never do something like that. And if I wasn't inviting someone, I would try to keep the party outside of school and send invitations through mail or email.

That kind of singling out should not be allowed in schools, especially not the kind I go to (special school for teens with depression and whatnot)...

Sometimes I watched that stupid show on mtv "my sweet 16" and I was astonished by the arrogance of those people, especially when they have to give invitations...really hope that not all the american teenagers are in that way!!! :lol:
And I've always asked myself...why is this occasion so important for an american teenager?? We don't use to party for sixteen, but for the eighteen! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

scatcat

Quote from: melly on January 12, 2008, 10:31:24
LuvURobert... I understand how your Dad will be feeling, so don't be too upset about the puppy...best he goes to a new home now, not when he has grown to love your Dad....and just hug your Dad...you both need it.... :smth056

:smth049 :smth049 :smth049 LuvURobert.. I can understand too, I know it is sad about the puppy.. I wanted to adopt him when I saw photo.. but, another one to care for when you are dealing with heavy stuff, sometimes is way too hard. I know I couldn't give the attention needed to a puppy..  :(
There will probably be a time soon, in the future when things get a bit better, and spirits will be lifted and getting another puppy will be just the medicine.
( @ thanks for the message  :smth057)
@melly thanks you are a sweetie!  :smth051
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Quote:smth049 :smth049 :smth049 LuvURobert.. I can understand too, I know it is sad about the puppy.. I wanted to adopt him when I saw photo.. but, another one to care for when you are dealing with heavy stuff, sometimes is way too hard. I know I couldn't give the attention needed to a puppy..  :(
There will probably be a time soon, in the future when things get a bit better, and spirits will be lifted and getting another puppy will be just the medicine.
( @ thanks for the message  :smth057)

Good to hear from you, Lara.  Thanks for cheering me up, too, chickie!  Wasn't he just a cute, scruffy little thing?  Anyway, I know it was the right thing for him to do, I do, it was just so sad!!  And you are very welcome for the message.  Take care!  :smth050
"And I shiver and shake

Janko

I WAS LISTENING TO SOME DREAM TOUR  BOOTLEGS...
OH, MAN... HOW GREAT THEY WERE...

:cry:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

melly

" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

LuvURobert

Yes, Melly!  :shock: Just heard this news this evening about his death.  Very sad and unexpected indeed!! :(  Guess they will find out Weds. what the exact cause of death was.
"And I shiver and shake

melly

His heartbroken family have been on our news...Heath had pneumonia, and was taking medications for it...they say there is no way he would have committed suicide, which is what many of us were also thinking...he had so much to live for..but, as you say, the coroner will let us all know as soon as they can...
He's an aussie boy, and so many are in shock here...
such a shame...   :(
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

japanesebaby

just heard about this in the morning news.
the only thing they said here was that "sleeping pills might have played a part" but that was all they said.
very sad. i liked him in 'ned kelly'. a talented actor.
:(

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

silversand

I've read the news today and it's really sad :(
Heath Ledger was a talented actor.

robiola

Quote from: melly on January 23, 2008, 02:26:53
Vale Heath Ledger... :cry:

Indeed.... The news made me sad too, he was so young and talented, one of my favorite actors of that generation.

Carnage Visor

With all the news about current deaths such as the late and tragic Heath, I feel silly bringing this up, but what the heck...

I have been watching and reading alot of media obtaining to Ian Curtis of Joy Division, and I almost cried for the first time in a year or so...it's very sad, and watching him on stage, you can begin to get hints of hid sadness...it's in his face, in his voice, his lyrics...such a sad man, but brilliant and an artistic genius. God bless him for one of the best bands ever.

I need to see "CONTROL"...it looks bloody magnificent.  8)

R.I.P. Heath and Ian

Hero

Rest In Peace Heath :smth059

Its so sad when things like this happen, but they happen more frequently now. Today the news was just death after death.
And also, about an hour from where i live, a 14 year old girl was stabbed 30 times on her way home at 5pm and is critically ill  :smth011

I agree about Ian Curtis, a genius... and he should be remembered!

dsanchez

We just had one of the final meetings at my office. It will be quite hard to quit the place you have been working in for more than 7 years :cry:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Carnage Visor

FRIENDS, I NEED YOUR CONDOLENCES, PLEASE

My friends dont like me. Which is strange because I think only of them. They're lucky to have someone like me who is so committed and so trustworthy.

And all I get is sh*t on by them. Two of my friends totally avoiding me for one reason or another, and I dont even say so much as a "Hello" to them before they just walk away. What the hell did I do to deserve this? My only goal in life right now is to find a steady friendship, someone to share my dreams, thoughts, sadness, and laughter with.

But I guess that's too much to ask for when you're 14-16. All your friends want is girls and sex. They forget what the real friendship is, who their real friends are. And they ditch me for some girl they've never even known before simply because she's attractive. Superficial bastards looking for superficial love. I understand what T.S.O.L. was speaking of finally...

I feel heartbroken, and its strange because it has nothing to do with romance. I don't have a girlfriend and never have. I only have my friend friends, and that was always good enough for me. Someone to share these moments with in life. But it seems that a quick fling is worth more to them than actual kindness and respect, actual dedication to another human being. I have offered them nothing but positive support, happiness...and it's plain hateful to avoid me like this and make up excuses not to see me.

On AOL Instant Messaging today, my friend was not responding to anything I wrote. He'd occasionally spit out a "Yeah sure" or a "Hi", but he was obviously engaged in something else. I was just asking what his plans were and if we can hang out, and this kid just totally goes 180 and puts up a wall between us as if I did something completely out of line. Is it so wrong to want to spend time with a buddy? I haven't had "guy time" in a long time! I've spent weekends on end alone in my room in silence!

Maybe I should find a material girl just to please that voice inside me that says, "Everyone's doing it, everyone your age is dating...why aren't you?" because he was a much nicer, more enjoyable person to be around before he had this stupid "DATING" objective clogging up his mind. I curse the day he began IM'ing her online...

I swear if I have to hear about her again, and how he blew me off during the weekend to go feel her up behind the bleachers, I will just die inside. I've known this dude for like three years, and he's only known this chick since November of last year. Add it up.

"Bros before hos" is what I say. And if you can't find a balance between the two, then you might as well kiss all of your true friends away, and enjoy that FDA-Approved peace of ass you use to better your self-image.

I feel so lonely right now...like I mean nothing to nobody.  :cry:

Sorry if I upset anyone with my harsh words. But I have been crushed, and I hope you guys will understand my anger and sorrow.