Future remasters...

Started by rjl, August 04, 2007, 23:03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

rjl

So, I was checking COF today, and I guess the current tour program lists among a discography tentative release dates for upcoming remasters:

"2008
disintegration / entreat / mixed up / wish / show / paris

wild mood swings / bloodflowers"

Now, the dates mean little to me, as we're talking the Cure here (Robert's "2008" will probably be the same year as Earth's "2010"), but the mention of "Paris" and "Show" make me pretty happy. I was afraid that they perhaps weren't being considered for re-working, especially how "Show" would immensely benefit from making Porl louder.

Nice to see "Entreat" as well. I wonder if they'll expand the setlist / do the whole show (doubtful, as who really does that with a live album?), or just tack it on as the bonus disc for "Disintegration" (which would kind of suck).

But I digress - I can't be the only one excited for "Show"/"Paris". Am I?

nausearockpig

the 2007/2008 Tour book has an Album Discography at the back. It says this regarding the remasters to come:

08 DISINTEGRATION MAY 1989 [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2008]
ENTREAT LIVE SEPTEMBER 1990 [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2008]
MIXED UP - REMIXES NOVEMBER 1990 [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2008]
09 WISH APRIL 1992 [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2008]
SHOW - LIVE [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2008]
PARIS - LIVE [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2008]
10 WILD MOOD SWINGS MAY 1996 [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2009]
GALORE SINGLES OCTOBER 1997 no extra information provided
11 BLOODFLOWERS FEBRUARY 2000 [DELUXE EDITION REMASTERED/RE-RELEASED 2009]

then it finishes with

13 4:13 SOMETIME SOON...

So the remasters will be out next year and finishing the year after. last one to come out will be Bloodflowers..

It seems that the new record will be called 4:13 and i reckon that the picture of the four of them left to right Porl, Simon, Jason, Robert is the actual cover..

ps yes i'm happy that Paris and Show are coming out again sounding better...

Janko

2009 BORIS COMES BACK
2010 LOL TAKES THE KEYBOARDS
2011 THE CURE FALL APART
2019 THE CURE MAKE A COMBACK

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rjl

boneheadhaggar

lets hope the paris reissue is the full show :rocker
its nice to be nice

Janko

adam60

Didn't Robert say last year that Orange/Live In Japan/Play Out & Show were going to be released on DVD? He also said that he'd release some more stuff from the Prayer Tour - maybe that'll be included in Entreat. Hopefully it'll be the whole show.

Janko

Quote from: adam60 on August 17, 2007, 14:53:54
Didn't Robert say last year that Orange/Live In Japan/Play Out & Show were going to be released on DVD?

I DONT KNOW
BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

:smth023

silversand

Didn't Robert say last year that Orange/Live In Japan/Play Out & Show were going to be released on DVD? He also said that he'd release some more stuff from the Prayer Tour - maybe that'll be included in Entreat. Hopefully it'll be the whole show.

I can remember me vaguely that Robert said that. Hope they will be released on DVD!!
That would be great  :smth023

B.DEE

Quote from: rjl on August 04, 2007, 23:03:33
So, I was checking COF today, and I guess the current tour program lists among a discography tentative release dates for upcoming remasters:

"2008
disintegration / entreat / mixed up / wish / show / paris

wild mood swings / bloodflowers"

Now, the dates mean little to me, as we're talking the Cure here (Robert's "2008" will probably be the same year as Earth's "2010"), but the mention of "Paris" and "Show" make me pretty happy. I was afraid that they perhaps weren't being considered for re-working, especially how "Show" would immensely benefit from making Porl louder.

Nice to see "Entreat" as well. I wonder if they'll expand the setlist / do the whole show (doubtful, as who really does that with a live album?), or just tack it on as the bonus disc for "Disintegration" (which would kind of suck).

But I digress - I can't be the only one excited for "Show"/"Paris". Am I?

Are we all forgetting that inside the Trilogy DVD it states "Disintegration remastered album available 2004" and "Bloodflowers digitally remastered album available 2004".
It's now more than halfway through 2007 and we have yet to see anything tangible.
I'm tired of Robert saying things will get done by a certain date.
Just don't tell the public anything is happening until it actually IS happening.
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

ROGUE

Quote from: Janko on August 17, 2007, 15:14:06
Didn't Robert say last year that Orange/Live In Japan/Play Out & Show were going to be released on DVD?

I DONT KNOW
BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

:smth023

8)YES, would love some remastered videos into, YES DVD's. Thats been my dream/wish for awhile, Cross my fingers its soon.

rjl

Screw that - I want action figures. I want the "Close to Me" wardrobe set (and maybe a limited, remix-edition sax-playing octopus), and the "Hanging Garden" and "High" play-sets. That would be awesome.

nausearockpig

Quote from: rjl on September 04, 2007, 17:56:04
Screw that - I want action figures. I want the "Close to Me" wardrobe set (and maybe a limited, remix-edition sax-playing octopus), and the "Hanging Garden" and "High" play-sets. That would be awesome.

LOL that's gold..

How about a "Robert Thru The Ages" set?

or a "Lol Bashing Set"!!!

oh the possibilities are ENDLESS!!! Todd McFarlane Toys should look at this...

dsanchez

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 09, 2007, 14:02:53
the 2007/2008 Tour book has an Album Discography at the back. It says this regarding the remasters to come:

Hope they will put in the remaster the WHOLE Wembley Arena show. But was not in 1989?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Bloodflower

Quote from: dsanchez on September 05, 2007, 00:49:35
Quote from: nausearockpig on August 09, 2007, 14:02:53

Hope they will put in the remaster the WHOLE Wembley Arena show. But was not in 1989?

I think Entreat was released in September 1990, recorded July 1989.

And I really want to see Entreat expanded to a composite of the three shows. One version of every song played at Wembley in 1989. Though, ideally, I'd like all three concerts.....

I think it is more likely, however, that we get just the entirety of Disintegration. Which I'm also very much fine with, to understate.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.