Is not the same show every night?

Started by dsanchez, October 20, 2022, 20:18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Told colleagues and friends that I was going to see The Cure x6 this tour and their first reaction was: "Is not the same thing every night?"
How do you answer that question?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

pyota

To some extent its true with the mainset. Otoh 1. 4 new (quality) songs and 2. rotating (rare) encores. How jaded can a fan be to complain after no concerts since 2019 and no new material since 2008 (i won't count the forgettable 2 songs that were played during the 2016 concerts) ...

As a comparison I just saw Pet Shop Boys who have literally the same set every night. Cure fans would riot  :winking_tongue

Rietan

There also not the same friends you meet every night, there are more local beers! It is living in a parallel universe for 6 days and all the rest during that times is non existing anymore! Not only but especially during the concerts you lose yourself in time and live emotions that you love for so long and to me were a big part of my life

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 20, 2022, 20:18:16... first reaction was: "Is not the same thing every night?" How do you answer that question?

No, it's not the same every night. Some bands play the same set night after night, some others don't. Guess which ones I prefer? :beaming-face
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchezand their first reaction was: "Is not the same thing every night?"

Exactly the same people would be surprised if you only went to one concert, right David? Well, I wouldn't take it so seriously, because there's always a bit of envy involved. There's nothing wrong with going to multiple shows, but I wouldn't brag about it either. Every show is unique in a sense, and that's how I would like to communicate it.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)