World tour and no album

Started by budvarka, February 06, 2008, 19:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

silversand

Haven't they done something similar in 2004 ???
Or am i wrong? The Cure went on a Festival Tour before the self-titled album was released. Thanks for the answers in advance :)

I hope they will release the album soon.
Yes, you're right Janko, they could give us a single at least :)

Joe

I'm surprised it hasn't leaked. The Smashing Pumpkins "Zeitgeist" leaked, Nine Inch Nails "Year Zero" did, and I believe Bauhaus's new album is floating around there too.

slit-the-cats-like-cheese

Quote from: Joe on February 08, 2008, 00:30:37
I'm surprised it hasn't leaked. The Smashing Pumpkins "Zeitgeist" leaked, Nine Inch Nails "Year Zero" did, and I believe Bauhaus's new album is floating around there too.

Maybe It have not leaked because it not even existed.  8)

budvarka

Quote from: rodney on February 07, 2008, 19:54:17
My friends' nephew is 16 and he says that lots of kids at his school are into The Cure.

Ahhh, remember starting to listen to cure when i was +- the same age. Looks like the message is still valid then. Thats cool.
Looks like the EMO stuff looking into The Cure a bit as well.

Im going to the concert with bunch of friends who were 15-16 as well 20 years ago :) Looks like there will really a big range of different aged people, which makes it really interesting.

Lets see, cca 36 hours to go before the first show...
Prague - 3.8. 1990
Brno - 23.8. 1998
Prague - 12.4. 2000
Prague - 21.2. 2008

closedown

Quote from: Janko on February 07, 2008, 15:47:44
LABEL EXECUTIVE THOUGHTS:

"IF YOU SELL OUT THE TOUR WITHOUT NEW ALBUM TO PROMOTE - WHY NEW ALBUM?!"

definetely not - as the label won't earn directly with a tour, instead they think put out the new album now + let us do another greatest hits in the winter.

the comparision to The Sisters, hm, well, it is a different thing baasically, as Andrew Eldritch wants his total artistic freedom + a certain amount of $$ as advance for a new album, as the lame record companies can't agree with him on that, fine, that is why there is no new album.

sold out tour - one of the reasons the tour sells well is for sure the little number of concerts in various countries (think of France for example compared to the Dream Tour)+ the well chosen timeperiod (let's face it, not many groups that share many listeners are on the road now or if they are have announced tourdates later in the year). and for sure the 'no-risk' factor as well, they are playing almost the same cities + arenas as always. 

drowning

Quote from: silversand on February 07, 2008, 22:59:45
Haven't they done something similar in 2004 ???
Or am i wrong? The Cure went on a Festival Tour before the self-titled album was released. Thanks for the answers in advance :)

yes you are right. i think it was released after the southside show. where the "new" songs didn´t work for the festival visitors.
i knew the songs and some other fans this time around, too

Janko

Quote from: closedown on February 08, 2008, 09:26:51

definetely not - as the label won't earn directly with a tour, instead they think put out the new album now + let us do another greatest hits in the winter.

WELL, THE BEST OF ALBUM WILL MOST PROBABLY BE THE NEXT ONE...

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason