Thunderbird
3 (33.3%)
Others
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 15, 2005, 23:46:17

Tristan Berlin

Hey to all of you,

does anybody know which basses Simon played during the wish-tour? I know that he played two semiacoustic-basses (black and white) in the show-video. I would like to know the trademark of these instruments or where it were built or if it is build somewhere anymore. These two basses are so beautiful... I WANT TO HAVE SUCH AN INSTRUMENT.  :-D
Thanks for your help, friends.

Cheers, Tr#

(by the way...which basses do you like more - the thunderbird or the semiacoustic?)

lostflower4

I read in a guitar magazine that Simon's semi-acoustic basses were custom made by a guy by the name of Dick Knight. They were based on the Gibson EB-2 style, but with a larger scale.

So maybe you can track this guy down and have him build one for you. :-D

That was my favorite kind of bass he played, especially the black one. I wonder what happened to them. I can't remember the last time I saw him with one of those. The Thunderbird is cool though.

Simon rocks. I was just thinking about that earlier today while listening to a live show. A damn solid bass player! 8)

lostflower4

Update on this... Dick Knight is no longer with us... :cry:

Read more here:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ChainofFlowers/july03.html

Tristan Berlin

Oh no....so I have to see that someone can build a similar bass for me. But i know that these kinds of basses are very expensive...i have to sell a lot of records first  :lol:

I know that Simon used the black-one in the "Cut Here"-video and he played it on the disintegration-set during the trilogy-shows. Somebody told me that he played it in Mexico 2004 as well. I think he should play it more often because it is an wonderful and beautiful instrument and it has a good sound - remember "a forest" in the show-video.  :wink:

And you are right, Simon is a very solid bass-player.  :D

strange_day

i play an ibanez semi-acoustic bass, and yes they do have an amazing sound, if i wanted one like simons i probably have to wait for about 10 years before i can get one custom made, i love that sound on 'show' and 'paris', particularly 'at night and 'in your house' - amazing :-D

splitmilk34

"... sleeping less every night"

Inshiver

I've voted for the semi-accoustic bass!  8)

If you find someone who makes a similar bass for you Tristan, please let him know that another guy is interessted!!   :-D
#Cheers - Patrick#

lostflower4

In the COF article from my second post, it says Dick Knight's son also makes custom guitars. That would probably be your next best bet.

dsanchez

My favourite bass from Simon is the musicman stingray he used during 1985-1987. It's awesome!!!

I don't like the bass he use at Cure Show. Too big and not so nice for my taste.

But this one!...it rocks!! :rocker

Quote from: Tristan BerlinHey to all of you,

does anybody know which basses Simon played during the wish-tour? I know that he played two semiacoustic-basses (black and white) in the show-video. I would like to know the trademark of these instruments or where it were built or if it is build somewhere anymore. These two basses are so beautiful... I WANT TO HAVE SUCH AN INSTRUMENT.  :-D
Thanks for your help, friends.

Cheers, Tr#

(by the way...which basses do you like more - the thunderbird or the semiacoustic?)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo