video projection on tour

Started by rodney, February 20, 2008, 15:03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney

I read somewhere that only three songs on the current tour have video projection, and at least one show had none at all.  Are they having problems on this tour with this, or is there only three songs intended?

japanesebaby

i think most songs are simply not meant to have any projections. the video screen is actually behind the whole lighting rig (which hangs from the ceiling behind the band, reaching almost down to the ground) so everything shown on the screen will be slightly "out of sight" anyway. i think that's the way it's planned.
i like it actually, it doesn't take the concentration out of the stage and steal the show.

there're video projections at least on 'the end of the world' (images from 'the cure' album artwork), 'friday i'm in love' (animations on the basis of the 'friday' single artwork), 'jumping someone else's train' (video for 'another journey by train' gets screened). hacven't seen all the songs tey've played live so i might not know of them all.
also, there're a couple of songs that have one single image on the screen throughout the song ('pictures of you', 'primary', 'lovesong').

katowice had some problems last night? i wonder what sort of...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Tof

One hundred years had a video projection too, M had a red M ..
Tof

japanesebaby

Quote from: Tof on February 20, 2008, 16:54:33
One hundred years had a video projection too, M had a red M ..

aaah yes of course! :-P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

Ah, they had those two when I saw them in '04