Started by japanesebaby, July 18, 2009, 17:39:45

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

my second NIN master is up on dime, both 16-bit and 24-bit:

QuoteNine Inch Nails
Date: 2009-06-30
Venue: Treptow Arena
Source: Audience
Equipment/lineage: Audio Technica ES943/O x 2 (SP-CMC-8 omnis) > SP-SPSB-8 (no bass roll-off) > Edirol R-09 (48/24) > USB > HD > Amadeus Pro (Mac OS X; editing, downsampling and dithering to 44.1/16) > FLAC (Encoded to FLAC and SBEs fixed with xACT)
Taper: s(solitude) a.k.a. 2late/jb

******************READ ME*********************

-do not sell, never, ever
-do not convert to mp3 (or other lossy format) unless for personal use!
-do not remaster/matrix/etc. without my permission! *)
-please always do include this .txt file (unedited) with this recording, should you make a trade copy etc.

*) i do not enjoy bitching but i have bad experiences of certain people matrixing my recording (shared here, freely) with some "holy and secret" "no trade" sources and then keeping that matrix as a "no trade" item, not even allowing me to have a copy. of course, nobody has to share here if he/she doesn't want to, but i just hate that kind of "oooo my recordings are way too rare for "common dime users" here" (their term by the way, not mine) crap - especially when those same people are always the first to grab everything that other people put up here anyway.
so, if you wish to use my recording in some project (a matrix or resynching a video etc.), you might very well be welcome to do so but you should ask me first and let me know about it - and keep me updated. don't be a dick like this one guy & his pals.

set list:

somewhat damaged
heresy
march of the pigs
something i can never have
metal
i'm afraid of americans
big come down
burn
gave up
piggy
home
non-entity
downward spiral
wish
survivalism
physical
down in it
hurt
hand that feeds
head like a hole

Line-up: Trent Reznor/Robin Finck/Justin Meldal-Johnsen/Ilan Rubin

Total time: 1:44:35
Size: 565 MB (FLAC)

Notes:

taped FOS, from the right (robin's side). approximately between 5th-10th row.
the old treptow arena is (in)famous for its bad acoustics, so especially considering that i think the recording turned out pretty good.
there was a small balance issue that i've fixed here: the PA was set quite wide and i also ended up moving a bit with the crowds (hard to avoid that in the front!), ending up being slightly too much with my right side facing the speakers at times. i've had to boost the left channel here to balance that out a bit. yet i'd say it should be pretty enjoyable now. (and should you ask: no, i didn't go there to stand like a statue in FOB but most of all to enjoy this show - which i thought was going to be my very last time to see the band.)
anyway i think it's a good recording. i've enjoyed it a lot and i hope you do too.

a great show again, and very nice variations in the set list compared to the night before in düsseldorf. personally i was really happy to hear 'down in it', 'heresy' and 'big come down' - that's three of the four songs i was actually hoping to hear (the fourth one would have been 'ruiner' but i wasn't really expecting that as it hadn't really been played recently. not to mention 'ringfinger' haha). 'something i can never have' was a great surprise.

i was missing a proper encore though, like we had in düsseldorf. i was kind of expecting it in these indoor venue shows. i guess i wasn't the only one missing it: a lot of people kept singing 'we want more' for quite a while even when the crew was already packing up on stage. no use, though.

despite the acoustics of the venue, i really do like the look/the atmosphere of the old treptow arena. i really like that "old industrial" look with its low ceiling supported by those big metal structures/beams. add to that that there was a LOT of smoke and at least to me it was just a perfect setting for a NIN show. it was really hot too - trent also commented on that before 'piggy' ("goddamn it's hot up here!").

there should be no major disruptions/disturbances on the recording. other than there was this pretty loud girl behind me singing during 'hurt', which was/is pretty annoying. seriously, if you have to sing then sing at home/in the shower, damnit - we all came to listen to trent and not you. i actually hope she'd get to hear this recording, just to hear how stupid she made it for people around her.

there were some guy(s) a bit left from me were fooling around with a laser pen during the first half of the show. luckily not throughout the whole show. i'm not sure if they stopped out of their own initiative or if security came and got them or something. anyway, i just hate that stuff. at least it was stopped before trent had to give another set of instructions about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKum5jjvks&fmt=18
:P

once again, a big thanks for everyone who has shared their masters from this last tour, both audio and video.
if you'd have something to share that isn't already widely circulating (either from the current tour or some previous one), please do share - the band is packing up and it'll all be said and done soon.
thanks in advance.

hope you enjoy this recording!

-s

16-bit: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=258196
24-bit: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=258197

the first one (düsseldorf) is still well seeded too.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

japanesebaby

london O2 is up now. a stellar show - included gary numan came on stage for two songs  :rocker

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=43307_0_2_0_C

QuoteNine Inch Nails
Date: 2009-07-15
Venue: O2
Source: Audience
Equipment/lineage: Audio Technica ES943/O x 2 (SP-CMC-8 omnis) > SP-SPSB-8 (no bass roll-off) > Edirol R-09 (48/24) > USB > HD > Amadeus Pro (Mac OS X; editing, downsampling and dithering to 44.1/16) > FLAC (Encoded to FLAC and SBEs fixed with xACT)
Taper: s(solitude) a.k.a. 2late/jb

******************READ ME*********************

-do not sell, never, ever
-do not convert to mp3 (or other lossy format) unless for personal use!
-do not remaster/matrix without my permission *)
-please always do include this .txt file (unedited) with this recording, should you make a trade copy etc.

*) i do not enjoy bitching but i'll be adding this note to my torrents as long as i see it fit. i have bad experiences of certain people matrixing my recording (shared here, freely) with some "holy and secret" "no trade" sources and then keeping that matrix as a "no trade" item, not even allowing me to have a copy. of course, nobody has to share here if he/she doesn't want to, but i just hate that kind of "oooo my recordings are way too rare for "common dime users" here" (their term by the way, not mine) crap - especially when those same people are always the first to grab everything that other people put up here anyway.
so, if you wish to use my recording in some project (a matrix or resynching a video etc.), you might very well be welcome to do so but you should ask me first and let me know about it - and keep me updated. don't be a dick like this one guy & his pals.

set list:

now i'm nothing
terrible lie
heresy
march of the pigs
reptile
the becoming
i'm afraid of americans
burn
gave up
la mer
the fragile
non-entity
the big come down
the downward spiral
wish (+ band introductions)
survivalism
down in it
metal (with gary numan)
cars (with gary numan)
hand that feeds
head like a hole
hurt

Line-up: Trent Reznor/Robin Finck/Justin Meldal-Johnsen/Ilan Rubin

Total time: 1:50:57
Size: 624 MB (FLAC)

Notes:

here's the third one of my '09 NIN masters. a big thanks to everyone who's shared and (either knowingly or unknowingly) contributed to my NIN collection over the years. i hope i have been able to give something back here.

about the gig and this recording:

i was originally trying to arrange it to go to manchester too but unfortunately had to cancel that.
at O2, i don't know why it took so damn long for them to start letting people in through gate F. mew was already halfway through their set when i got in and i was among the thirty or so people who were let in through that gate.
jane's addiction: people seemed to enjoy it a lot and i guess they put up a good show. i'm just not a fan myself, sorry. i was just basically wishing they'd be done as fast as possible so that NIN would be on.

taped FOS from the right side (robin's side), approximately between 5th-10th row, again. i was quite happy with the result, considering what a huge cavernous place O2 arena is (with its capacity of 23,000) - not necessarily that fun to tape, easily too echoey. anyway, i think it turned out quite nice.
the sound in the show was very good.

as this was my last NIN show so i really didn't want to think too much about taping (i usually do, sometimes maybe even a bit too much) but to focus on enjoying the show. sometimes that can be difficult while you're taping, but this time it was real easy. the best show i've been to, that's all i can say.

one guy in a white t-shirt (hey that speaks volumes) with some girls babbling behind me at times which was annoying. even chatting away during the most of the first verse of 'hurt'. they really must have come to a wrong concert or something. i wish people who seem to buy two tickets to shows just so that they can take a friend with them so that they'll have someone to talk to, i wish these people would stay home - or at least in the bar. most of all i don't understand why people want to come right in front of the speakers if they also want to talk with their pals. makes no sense to me.

it's annoying but anyway, no need to focus on the negative: this show was just too good for that. some personal highlights were the 'now i'm nothing/terrible lie' kick off, as i'm a big fan of 'fragile' so 'la mer'/'the fragile' was great to hear again, also 'the becoming' was really good. 'hurt' was a pretty emotional experience, with such a huge crowd of people singing. it was also good to see trent throwing his guitar at the end of 'terrible lie' and pushing the keyboards into the pit (happened a few times during the first half of the show i think).
and of course, gary numan.
before numan came on stage trent talked a bit about coming to london for the very first time, being terrified that nobody would ever want to hear the record he had just made. "and here we are twenty years later, i'm still alive, you guys are here - it's pretty f*cking amazing, thank you".
hey thank YOU.

the photo of the set list here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36543214@N07/3728889575/
i've yet to edit and upload most of my concerts photos.

again, thanks for everyone who's shared their NIN stuff with me.
enjoy.

-s

psychophysio

Thank you! Both of them sound great! Cars is nearly as good as the Fear Factory duet....

japanesebaby

some small-minded guy deliberately posted the files on nin.com in mp3s and even sent me a "f*ck you elitist format jerk" kind of a response back when i asked him to take it down.

the last recording i ever shared. and i hope less and less recording will now surface altogether. two days ago i was happy to share but just funny how the wind changes.
and sad how some guys' only talent is to crap on their own doorstep and ruin it for others.

psychophysio

sigh  :smth011. Sorry to hear that japanesebaby. Your recordings have been excellent! I can understand how you feel though, especially after his response.