2007.07.27 Naeba 'Fuji Rock Festival' (Japan)

Started by bomber2007, March 12, 2007, 02:04:19

Previous topic - Next topic

boneheadhaggar

according to Chain Of Flowers, setlist is not complete, these 13 tracks take us up to the end of the first encore :smth100
its nice to be nice

nevyn

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on July 27, 2007, 19:38:24
according to Chain Of Flowers, setlist is not complete, these 13 tracks take us up to the end of the first encore :smth100

as you can see - it is the same text I sourced...

I think we wil need to wait until Druide comes up...

crowbi_wan

Even with another encore, that's a weak set.

nevyn

yup, no "COF" no "Snow in summer".... I am sooooooooooo disapointed

boneheadhaggar

thought they might have tried out at least one new song :roll:
its nice to be nice

nevyn

at festival? why bother? They save it to "pure, original" concerts where people would come ONLY for The Cure

j

This was the show where they were supposedly limited to 90 minutes.  I can only hope that Monday's show in Hong Kong is longer and better!

Sussex

Druide...Druide...Druide...

:smth100 :smth100 :smth100

Confirmation please.. :-D

p/s: lets pray that druide can find a cyber cafe or somethin asap.. ;)
"Thick As Shit"

Sussex

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 27, 2007, 19:14:51
Quote from: j on July 27, 2007, 19:04:43

(or let us hope that 27th july is like the april fool's day in japan and thus the whole list is just a joke!)

:-D Hahaha...
I do hope so...
"Thick As Shit"

crowbi_wan

I like the idea of One Hundread Years closing the set.  However, I don't see how it really fits when everything leading up to it is pop.  No new songs, nothing old that hasn't been played in a while.  What a waste of something that could've been quite special for a lot of Cure fans that hadn't seen the band in so many years.  

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 27, 2007, 20:15:36
I like the idea of One Hundread Years closing the set.  However, I don't see how it really fits when everything leading up to it is pop.  No new songs, nothing old that hasn't been played in a while.  What a waste of something that could've been quite special for a lot of Cure fans that hadn't seen the band in so many years. 

No shit...

If this setlist is true, and if it's indicitive of what we can expect in the future, maybe it's time to bite my teeth and search for a new band to occupy my time with. :oops:

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 27, 2007, 20:26:41
No shit...

If this setlist is true, and if it's indicitive of what we can expect in the future, maybe it's time to bite my teeth and search for a new band to occupy my time with. :oops:

no shit? how about... porcupine tree? you know that's really quite popular these days - we've seen people switching over there... hahaha.
ok... :lol:

(and yes, the structure of the set with 'one hundred years' alone closing after such a flood of poppy singles - that's almost idiotic structure to me.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

intothetrees

This setlist have been made with the songs quoted in a review, that's why it's totally incomplete  ;)

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 27, 2007, 20:36:10no shit? how about... porcupine tree? you know that's really quite popular these days - we've seen people switching over there... hahaha.
ok... :lol:

I don't know about these Porcupine dudes. I know I already wasted too much time listening to their most recent album. Sorry, but I thought it was generally dreadful. :smth015 Maybe their other stuff is better? I've kind of lost my motivation to find out...

But I have to say that I recently discovered 65 Days of Static, and I think they're an incredible band. :rocker

Maybe I'll just go to a few of their shows this fall and leave before The Cure's set...

nevyn

Quote from: intothetrees on July 27, 2007, 20:59:15
This setlist have been made with the songs quoted in a review, that's why it's totally incomplete  ;)

so if you know THE COMPLETE setlist, please put it here...