2007.10.06 Mountain View 'Download Festival' (USA)

Started by monghi, May 29, 2007, 18:36:41

Previous topic - Next topic

monghi

"We are really excited to be performing at the Download Festival in San Francisco -- our only North American festival date of the summer. We particularly love the proposed 'interactive' elements of this event -- they will undoubtedly add a whole new dimension to the show," shared Robert Smith of The Cure.

source: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/sto ry/05-29-2007/0004597137&EDATE=

http://www.downloadfestival.com/index.php#
i never said i would stay to the end

Bloodflower

If it's true, I'm going. No question. I'm a few hundred miles south, and I probably won't care to see many of the other bands playing, but that's just something I'll have to deal with.

I guess this is one way of building back up my music collection....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

I'll be going.   :rocker  Too bad Robert says this is the only festival.  There's another Download Festival happening about 2 1/2 hours from me w/ Incubus headlining  :(  Still, by stating the "only festival" this leaves open the possibility of Cure only shows.

Plainsong

It will be a long trip across the country but no way will I miss this!

kissingcrimson

RObert Posted today. and I quote:

"SF DOWNLOAD 2007

WE ARE HEADLINING THE SAN FRANCISCO DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT THE SHORELINE AMPHITHEATRE
SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER
ITS A GREAT BILL - AFI, KINGS OF LEON, 65 DAYS OF STATIC (YEAH!) BRMC AND LOTS OF OTHERS...

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT http://www.livenation.com AND http://www.downloadfestival.com FROM JULY 22ND...

IT WILL BE OUR SECOND AND FINAL FESTIVAL DATE IN THE USA THIS YEAR... THE OTHER 19 SHOWS WE WILL BE PERFORMING IN NORTH AMERICA WILL BE CURE SHOWS!!!

MORE NEWS AS THE INK DRIES...

(CONFIRMED SINGAPORE AND HONG KONG AND AUSTRALIA DATES HERE BY THE WEEKEND... )"

(Im excited to hear about the Australian dates out this weekend!!!Yay!)

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

Dillinger

this should have been tagged  :smth011  ;)

i hope they do one to mark 30 years this july, it would be so cool if they went back and done it in crawley. i'd kill to get there, heh time to run away from home

japanesebaby

Quote from: kissingcrimson on May 30, 2007, 11:54:57
THE OTHER 19 SHOWS WE WILL BE PERFORMING IN NORTH AMERICA WILL BE CURE SHOWS!!!
(CONFIRMED SINGAPORE AND HONG KONG AND AUSTRALIA DATES HERE BY THE WEEKEND... )"

i'm afraid to me it sounds like that's quite boring news, sorry... :?

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 30, 2007, 13:53:00

Sounds like I'll need to make some travel arrangements.

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 30, 2007, 14:36:47

Sounds like I need to get a US visa, just in case they won't come for the "n" time to southamerica  :?

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

billee

well  :Dit's Tuesday night here in Melbourne which weekend are they going to tell us my fingers and toes are cramping up been crossed too long :D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Curetastraphy

I'll probably be going to this...I live like 30 minutes away from mountain view

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on May 30, 2007, 15:08:55
Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 30, 2007, 14:36:47

I think they will be coming to South and Central America.  At least it seems like they are trying to work out arrangements. 

Sounds like I need to get a US visa, just in case they won't come for the "n" time to southamerica  :?

David.

rodney

With them playing so few North America dates for this tour (20 really isn't that many after all), I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the only Northern CA date.

dsanchez

Tickets
http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/262386

Venue details

Website:http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/1022

Parking Info
All events at Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View feature convenient on premise parking.

For our guests convenience and to speed up the traffic coming into our lots, we include a nominal parking fee of $6.00 per ticket for most concerts.

For those who love the VIP feel, PREMIER PARKING, the closest parking with the fastest access to the highways, is also available for a charge of $20. Premier Parking may be purchased in advance through Ticketmaster or on site when available.

Accessibility Info
Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View is a fantastic venue for our guests with disabilities to enjoy. If you need additional help getting to your seat location ask a Guest Services Representative or ''''GSR'''' upon entering the gates at Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View.
Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View has wheelchair accessible seating that can accommodate various height needs so that wheelchair users can see the stage. When ordering tickets please indicate if you have such a need.

If you need an interpreter for the hearing impaired, please call the box office in advance at 650.967.4040 so that we can make arrangements for you. Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View has seats available to our guests with disabilities at all price levels. ''

Kid Policies/Family Zone Info
Most shows feature the Family Zone area on the lawn. There is no smoking or drinking of alcohol allowed in this designated area. No special ticket is needed for access to this area and seating is first come, first served.

Venue pictures

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

:smth100

Does anyone have the presale password?  If so, please post it here.  Thanks in advance.