4Tour - your thoughts after the european tour?

Started by sullen, March 23, 2008, 19:03:22

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: carycameron on March 27, 2008, 03:01:24
What percentage of the fans at the concerts are actually following them from city to city?  I would guess quite little.

Less than 1% I would say.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

you know for a really really long time i had a dream that the band would one day again play 'jumping someon else's train', if only for once and even if i couldn't be there to hear it.
i really didn't know if this was nothing but a fool's hope - and then suddenly their started playing it.  :eek:
and now, i just recently went to six concerts and i got to hear 'jumping' six times.  :rocker
one of the many especially memorable moments from this tour is the opening night in stockholm when this song started: that was grrrrreat! (even though they had to screw up it a bit that night - simon... :smth011  ;) but i forgive them because they did play it "for me" five times in the concerts to come).

with that said, i do very well understand people who still keep waiting and waiting for their own favorite songs being played and are getting frustrated about it over time. i guess i got really lucky there with my wish. maybe it explains why i can't say i'm thoroughly disappointed myself.

so let's still hope more gems surface on the US leg and more wishes do come true. after all, you never know.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

carycameron

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 27, 2008, 11:03:17

so let's still hope more gems surface on the US leg and more wishes do come true. after all, you never know.

"However, we want to remodel/rework the live show for North America, change things around, incorporate new songs... and we need time and focus to do this."

That was what Robert wrote when he decided to postpone the Canada/US tour.  He made no such promise for the European tour.  So there's hope for some 'gems'.

Poe

Quote from: carycameron on March 28, 2008, 04:06:53

"However, we want to remodel/rework the live show for North America, change things around, incorporate new songs… and we need time and focus to do this."

That was what Robert wrote when he decided to postpone the Canada/US tour.  He made no such promise for the European tour.  So there's hope for some 'gems'.

Oh just rub it in why don't you...

Anyhow, thanks for that quote. Shows he's making an effort...although that info someone posted earlier about them having played 58 songs over 22 dates this YEAR, while they played 69 songs over 3 dates in MEXICO, is quite unsettling to hear. Perhaps they ARE playing it safe a bit, feeding their egos by going for songs that are more likely to make people scream, dance and jump around, as opposed to the likes of All Cats are Grey...Shame, since they have such a mighty impressive collection of gems to play around with. Perhaps Robert could start having more high profile events like the one with Ray Cokes and the secret show in Sydney(?), when just a couple of hundred people, mostly the die-hard Cure fans who have their ears perked up, hear about it and get to attend...Anyhow, there's not much you can do about this setlist business, but to have faith in them, and pray for rain *hint hint*...

By the way, I just can't leave without saying that Robert does NOT dance like an idiot, unless of course that was meant as a compliment...

[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Poe on March 31, 2008, 22:49:40
By the way, I just can't leave without saying that Robert does NOT dance like an idiot, unless of course that was meant as a compliment...

Of course.  You are aware that he's referred to the pop stuff (mostly the pop encore) as "idiot pop". 

Poe

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 31, 2008, 22:57:54
Of course.  You are aware that he's referred to the pop stuff (mostly the pop encore) as "idiot pop". 

So I am (idiot pop and stupid pop videos being his way of making fun of his image, the commercial music scene and the media?), but he does it so darn well I can't be bothered. But the idiot dancing comes from the heart, doesn't just happen during idiot pop songs...
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: carycameron on March 28, 2008, 04:06:53
Quote from: japanesebaby on March 27, 2008, 11:03:17

"However, we want to remodel/rework the live show for North America, change things around, incorporate new songs… and we need time and focus to do this."

thanks for the quote, i had forgotten about that. and true, he made no such promise for the european tour but thinking about it now, it's understandable that this might have given enough reason for people to assume this "change things around" attitude kind of "should" have applied the euro tour too. i guess it depends how one interpreted it.

rodney

I kind of thought it applied to both, but we'll see.......  No matter.  I'll be happy.

carycameron

If the posting on Chain of Flowers today is true,  it looks like there will indeed be changes.  It indicates 6 new songs will be played, less pop,  and some surprises.    :D :)

carycameron

Quote from: carycameron on April 02, 2008, 03:13:50
If the posting on Chain of Flowers today is true,  it looks like there will indeed be changes.  It indicates 6 new songs will be played, less pop,  and some surprises.    :D :)

too bad it isn't true though.....I'm assuming this is an April Fool's joke

melly

Quote from: carycameron on April 02, 2008, 03:13:50

maybe because the American Tour was postponed, causing so much angst amongst fans, Robert is saving any new songs etc. for them, you know, to try and make it up to them?
Just a thought.

I think it's pretty rude saying things about Robert dancing around lapping up the screams of teenage girls.  They aint just teenagers, I can tell you!!
I know a few guys in the same age range who would just LOVE to be screamed at ( in a positive way!) by younger women... if ya got it, flaunt it!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

japanesebaby

Quote from: melly on April 02, 2008, 09:59:58
I think it's pretty rude saying things about Robert dancing around lapping up the screams of teenage girls.  They aint just teenagers, I can tell you!!
I know a few guys in the same age range who would just LOVE to be screamed at ( in a positive way!) by younger women... if ya got it, flaunt it!!

well, i don't know but i have a recollection from the berlin gig which makes me a bit bitter about this subject: there was this utterly hysterical IDIOT teenager a little bit on my left and during the pop encore, when robert walked to the edge of the stage, she went just absolutely hysterical, screaming like a fire alarm, almost falling and almost rolling on the ground and acting like a total wacko. i saw her friend was trying to hold her up and everyone in their proximity just tried to get the f*ck out there, as far from her as possible. it was really idiotic. she was simply ruining it to everyone around her by screming REALLY loud and acting out this totally idiotic "fan panic attack". i think i can say "acting out" because when the pop encore was over she had recovered in a second - so it was just a stupid show from her, nothing else. it looked like it was something she had rehearsed in advance or something. utterly stupid. i seriously wanted to walk to her and punch her in the face for it!
so... i'm afraid i have no much love for these screaming idiots... :evil: and i do hope robert would stop trying to please them too much. :? some people forget that they can really ruin the concert experience for other people, with overexaggerated reactions like that. they really can ruin it. because i didn't travel all the way there to germany to listen to some idiot girl scream. i traveled to hear the band called the cure, i came to listen to the music. i don't get this excess screaming, imo it's simply pretty stupid.

Druide

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 02, 2008, 22:33:20

well, i don't know but i have a recollection from the berlin gig which makes me a bit bitter about this subject: there was this utterly hysterical IDIOT teenager a little bit on my left and during the pop encore, when robert walked to the edge of the stage, she went just absolutely hysterical, screaming like a fire alarm, almost falling and almost rolling on the ground and acting like a total wacko. i saw her friend was trying to hold her up and everyone in their proximity just tried to get the f*ck out there, as far from her as possible. it was really idiotic. she was simply ruining it to everyone around her by screming REALLY loud and acting out this totally idiotic "fan panic attack". i think i can say "acting out" because when the pop encore was over she had recovered in a second - so it was just a stupid show from her, nothing else. it looked like it was something she had rehearsed in advance or something. utterly stupid. i seriously wanted to walk to her and punch her in the face for it!
so... i'm afraid i have no much love for these screaming idiots... :evil: and i do hope robert would stop trying to please them too much. :? some people forget that they can really ruin the concert experience for other people, with overexaggerated reactions like that. they really can ruin it. because i didn't travel all the way there to germany to listen to some idiot girl scream. i traveled to hear the band called the cure, i came to listen to the music. i don't get this excess screaming, imo it's simply pretty stupid.

Sure it's difficult for to record.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
...Dancing in my pocket...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 02, 2008, 22:33:20

here here  :smth023

And you know about my experience in Paris with the blue-haired girl  :twisted:  Well, it's kind of funny now, but at the time I just wanted to ring her neck.   

japanesebaby

yeah and then just imagine the possibility that these same people come posting all these "please please someone share a recording from this show???" the day after the concert.
you feel like "right... sure."  :evil: