Longest Cure show ever?

Started by lostflower4, March 30, 2008, 03:54:32

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

As originally discussed in this thread:

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,4792.0.html

Quote from: Descent on March 30, 2008, 01:49:58Paris longest "regular" show since Trilogy had 20 minutes breaks between the sets.  ;)

Don't think so...

For example, take the commonly circulated M.M. version of the first Berlin Trilogy show. Total running time is almost 3:52, and the encore breaks have been edited out almost completely, except for the 3 minutes between Blooflowers and If Only Tonight...

Total running time of the Paris show here is 3:32, and that includes ALL encore breaks. :!:

And the third night of London '89 still could be the longest "regular" show, when you consider that people rarely left their recorders running during encore breaks back in the old days of cassette.

I have a version of that show which clocks in at 3:17, and there are no encore breaks recorded at all (and no Plainsong intro!)

I bet that show was well over 3:45 when counting all breaks.  :shock:

Descent

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 30, 2008, 03:54:32I bet that show was well over 3:45 when counting all breaks.  :shock:

I have the same copy of London 24/7/89 then : 197 mn but the time between encores can't exceed more than 3 minute per encore. So Paris is still probably a few minutes longer. I suppose... :lol:

lostflower4

Quote from: Descent on March 30, 2008, 06:59:35
Quote from: lostflower4 on March 30, 2008, 03:54:32I bet that show was well over 3:45 when counting all breaks.  :shock:

I have the same copy of London 24/7/89 then : 197 mn but the time between encores can't exceed more than 3 minute per encore. So Paris is still probably a few minutes longer. I suppose... :lol:

Well, the encore breaks for Paris '08 are 4 minutes on average.

If we use that as a guideline for the London '89 show, let's just say there were 12 minutes used during the 3 encore breaks (4 encores total).

That would push our London version up to 3:29. Figuring a couple more minutes for what's missing from the Plainsong chimes, and taking account the fact that the Paris version shared here has over a minute of crowd noise at the end, we're looking at something like 3:32 vs. 3:32.  :lol:

In conclusion, I don't think it will be ever possible to know which show was really longer, unless someone was keeping time from start to finish at Wembley Arena in 1989...

Anyone?  8)

Descent

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 30, 2008, 08:36:13
Quote from: Descent on March 30, 2008, 06:59:35

Well, the encore breaks for Paris '08 are 4 minutes on average.

If we use that as a guideline for the London '89 show, let's just say there were 12 minutes used during the 3 encore breaks (4 encores total).

That would push our London version up to 3:29. Figuring a couple more minutes for what's missing from the Plainsong chimes, and taking account the fact that the Paris version shared here has over a minute of crowd noise at the end, we're looking at something like 3:32 vs. 3:32.  :lol:

In conclusion, I don't think it will be ever possible to know which show was really longer, unless someone was keeping time from start to finish at Wembley Arena in 1989...

Anyone?  8)

Haha ! :lol: Excellent. And yes, I agree it's going to be difficult to know which one was slightly longer.  ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: Descent on March 30, 2008, 22:01:57
I agree it's going to be difficult to know which one was slightly longer.  ;)

no offence guys but i really don't think it matters which one was longer...

or would it look good on my professional resume: "- attended the LONGEST cure concert EVER in paris bercy in 2008..." 
definitely "very" important. 8)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

You know I did the same check earlier & with all the crowd etc, Paris is longer than the DJ version of Wembley 89.
I will check the MB one tomorrow.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

lostflower4

Quote from: Steve on March 30, 2008, 22:18:10
You know I did the same check earlier & with all the crowd etc, Paris is longer than the DJ version of Wembley 89.

But... The speed of that version  runs really fast (I know we have the same copy). After adjusting it to a more correct speed, you will gain about 5 minutes there. And like I said, figure at least a couple more minutes for the Plainsong intro.

So...  :lol:

Steve

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 31, 2008, 10:29:58
Quote from: Steve on March 30, 2008, 22:18:10

But... The speed of that version  runs really fast (I know we have the same copy). After adjusting it to a more correct speed, you will gain about 5 minutes there. And like I said, figure at least a couple more minutes for the Plainsong intro.

So...  :lol:

This could almost justify a thread of its own.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

lostflower4

Quote from: Steve on March 31, 2008, 12:01:19This could almost justify a thread of its own.

Indeed, and therefore it is so.  8)

Descent

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My version is the one taped by French guys (you can hear them talking for a couple of minutes at the end, especially about some good "dope"). I need to check the total time of this recording for sure...  ;)

And in 1989 the band probably didn't have to rest for 4 minutes between encores... :-D

j

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 30, 2008, 03:54:32
For example, take the commonly circulated M.M. version of the first Berlin Trilogy show. Total running time is almost 3:52, and the encore breaks have been edited out almost completely, except for the 3 minutes between Blooflowers and If Only Tonight...

OMG....that show was insane!!!  The second night was even worse for me personally.  I drank so much that night, and the show ran soooooo long.  I remember getting back to my hotel room and not being able to sleep because:

a) I was still amped from the show
b) The room was spinning and I was afraid I would die from choking on my own vomit.  In Berlin.  By myself.

To make matters worse, that next morning I had a 7am flight from Berlin to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to Philly.  I threw up on the bus to the airport.  I was still loaded off my ass when I got on the plane!!!  What a rough flight back to the US that was.