2008.02.13 København - Forum (Denmark)

Started by j, September 27, 2007, 18:35:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dansi

Quote from: rodney on February 13, 2008, 22:08:14
Good that they skipped Wrong Number.

My mind must be playing tricks cos I am pretty sure they actually played that song.

They also played a version of a song (can't remember the title) - maybe A Forest - it was no matter an extension of a song kinda - and Robert made a remark about the reaction from the audience - like "this is how the original version was" - or something..

I also think the remark before the last song "Killing an Arab" where he said "This is for Denmark" was about how idiotic religion is.
If a couple of cartoons will make you kill other people, you're an idiot.

Dansi

Oh and the show was just great.

Especially the start - Disintegration is my favourite album ..so there.

Plainsong is still one of their most beautiful songs - keyboards or no keyboards. Just magnificent.
And then Prayers for rain... Simply great beginning.

SO glad they skipped Open.

lepep

Great show - great sound  :-D
They played Wrong number  :lol:

lepep

japanesebaby

the set list might indeed need a few changes - here's another list from another concert-goer
(thanks A.):

Plainsong
Prayers for rain
Fascination street
Alt.end
The walk
The end of the world
Lovesong
To wish impossible things
Pictures of you
Lullaby
From the edge of the deep green sea
Please project
Push
Inbetween days
Just like heaven
Primary
A boy i never knew
Us and them
Never enough
Wrong number
Signal to noise

One hundred years
Disintegration

At night
M
Play for today
A forest

Let's go to bed
Freak show
Close to me
Why can't I be you?

Boys don't cry
Jumping someone else's train
Grinding halt
10:15 saturday night
Killing an arab

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

curedtc

Im always wanting more...

j

Quote from: dsanchez on February 13, 2008, 23:13:22
The show is over. The last song, Killing an arab, was introduced by Bob as "This if for Denmark", wishfulthings said.

What did he mean?. Maybe it has something to do with Bob's support to the danish people for the Mahoma's caricature problem last year?

Again, thanks a lot to wishfulthings for the excellent coverage :smth023

I'd imagine that it has something to do with Danish newspapers reprinting a cartoon depicting the prophet Mohammed.  Apparently this is blasphemous to Muslims.  17 Danish newspapers decided to reprint it after Danish police uncovere da plot to murder the cartoonist.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jILlENBaY164ogz9_WLr6uEIYcxQ

Not sure that this is a good idea for Robert to dedicate this song to that cause, considering that the song has negative connotations to those that assume the song is about actually Killing someone of Arab descent.   :smth011   I am sure that it was a tongue in cheek comment, but I am so sure that many people will take it out of context.

boneheadhaggar

thanks for all the updates on this show wishfulthings :smth023
its nice to be nice

dsanchez

Quote from: j on February 14, 2008, 03:07:58
I am sure that it was a tongue in cheek comment, but I am so sure that many people will take it out of context.

Specially those extremist. I hope they didn't hear about cause with those nuts people, one never knows and Robert might be in danger :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on February 14, 2008, 14:07:34
I am sure that it was a tongue in cheek comment, but I am so sure that many people will take it out of context.

Specially those extremist. I hope they didn't hear about cause with those nuts people, one never knows and Robert might be in danger :?

I remember reading about it all.. the danish journalists copped a lot.. but it was a very senstive topic.. especially depicting an image of Mohammed ( it is disallowed in muslim faith .. to depict his image..)

I hope that it was taken tongue-in-cheek, and won't flare anything up!!  :shock:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

forever cure

Best show ever, the 3 encores where outstanding, I´ve heard A forrest live for the first time (ist my favorite song ever)My  wife was so happy that they played boy's dont cry....
Yeah I know we old folks dont know anything  ;) :-D
Yeah The Cure still goiing strong!!!
Peter
there is no god,we have Robert

Dansi

Quote from: scatcat on February 14, 2008, 14:18:46
Quote from: dsanchez on February 14, 2008, 14:07:34

I remember reading about it all.. the danish journalists copped a lot.. but it was a very senstive topic.. especially depicting an image of Mohammed ( it is disallowed in muslim faith .. to depict his image..)

I hope that it was taken tongue-in-cheek, and won't flare anything up!!  :shock:

So what? I believe in the Donald Duck religion and it's very sensitve for me when other cartoonist make fun of Donald.

Don't let the extremists of any religion have any power.

rodney

Dansi

Oh damn, I didn't know such a religion existed..
Was just trying to be ironic although Donald is more real to me than Jesus, Muhammed or God..

rodney

I'm not sure if it's a religion or what, but it is a real thing.  I know your point though.