Berlin The concert

Started by curiosa, August 29, 2005, 07:48:07

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosa

just woke up from a dream (well it wasn't a dream it was real!!!)
what a show, what a band!!! it seems the older they get the better they are!!
great sound a wonderful setlist, what else can you expect (of course to see them play on and on and on for 5 hours and more but ...)
robert's voice back on top again (and in very good mood)
simon (dances with the bass)
porl (never heard a better "blood"-version than this one) guitar-hero
jason (very good job!)
shame that they weren't allowed to carry on cause i think they were up to play more encores
"inbetween days" (what a rocker without keyboards)
"figurehead" (yesssssssss!!!!)
"push" (wowwwwww!!!)
"grinding halt" what a version
"killing (loving/kissing) an arab" absolutely fantastic
and robert said: "see you next year on the tour"
so we keep our fingers crossed that they will come again and again and again...

curiosa frank

PS: if anybody recorded it please share

j

I just flew back to Dublin from the Berlin show last night.  What a great show...I had forgotten what a great guitarist Porl is.  And to end the show with Faith- what more could I ask for?  I have many pictures- some good, some bad.  Some are bad because of a mosher next to me down front (who also was the reason that I left the floor area- I wanted good pictures and wasn't sure that my knee- the one that has been operated on more times than I'd like to admit- would hold up with all of the movement around me) and others are bad because after I left the floor I had about 400 beers.  So the drunker I got, the worse some of the pictures got.  Go figure.....

One thing that really shocked me this morning was the amount of Cure fans on my flight.  I flew Aer Lingus from Berlin Shonefeld to Dublin....and I counted 11 people with Cure shirts on (plus me makes 12).  These were just the ones that were wearing shirts!  So, out of maybe 150 people on the plane, 12 were at the show.  That is 8% of the people on that flight!

I will try to get the pics on my site in the next day or so

lorretine

Yeees, I strongly agree with that!
It was a "f*cking excellent" concert!!! I still feel dizzy. Everyone in the group was on fantastic form and every second of that show was perfect!!!
What more to say...
I was standing there like enchanted and for sure I'll be enchanted for next one hudred years...  :wink:
Wonderful version of Faith was the best ending of that night I might have imagined.
Magic everywhere...

And take a look for some photos I've just found:
http://muzyka.onet.pl/mr,21148,0,30,galeria.html

Strunz4

Hi all,

yust returned from Berlin to Cologne this minute and " forced " to write down some words.

The Show was great. In fact I was there with my wife and some friends who are not really in The Cure ( referring to like what I`m in... ) but they were enthusiastic over this unforgettable show, too.

I saw The Cure first time in 1981 in Munich ( Schwabinger Br?u ) and afterwards at least ten times but I`ver never seen the band in such a good shape. Robert even was smiling !!!!( I`ve never seen that before ) a few times during the show.

The set was astonishing including " Shiver and Shake " and " Give Me It " but best was " 100 Years "and the encores. No doubt " the whole area went crazy ". Never seen something like that before. Wow.

Best wishes from Cologne

Strunz4

[/u]

j

The setlist:

1. Open
2. Fascination street
3. From the edge of the deep green sea
4. alt.end
5. The Blood
6. The end of the world
7. Inbetween days
8. Shake dog shake
9. Us or them
10. The figurehead
11. A Strange Day
12. Push
13. Just Like Heaven
14. A Letter To Elise
15. Lullaby
16. Never Enough
17. Signal To Noise
18. The Baby Screams
19. One Hundred Years
20. Shiver And Shake
21. End

1st encore:
22. At night
23. M
24. Play For Today
25. A Forest

2nd encore:
26. Three Imaginary Boys
27. Grinding Halt
28. Boys Don't Cry
29. 10.15 Saturday Night
30. Killing An Arab

3rd encore:
31. Faith

boneheadhaggar

glad you all enjoyed it, hope to hear it soon, sounds like a great setlist :-)
its nice to be nice

Strunz4

So no one exept me heard " Give Me It " ??? Mmmmmmh. So what ?? It was terrific anyway....

Strunz4

rodrigodechile

congratulacion for all berlin fans, this is amazing setlist

Beesley Wytchboy

Words cannot describe my envy for all who went lol
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

cult_hero

what can i say? i dind't expect too much after hearing the recordings of the shows from 2005. but: it was great! finally robert started to sing! his voice is back and he had less problems with the lyrics than before. :D simon and jason played very powerful.  the sound was also very good.

unfortunately they had to stop at 23:10.  :-(  i hoped they would play "the kiss" and the "idiot-pop-songs". anyway! the 'seventeen seconds' and 'three imaginary boys' encores were great! i'm happy to hear "kaa" again.

as ceho already wrote: me and my girlfriend met jason in the crowd. he came out to watch the first band. normally i let the band members alone but this time... we went to him (at this time no one seems to recognized him!) and asked him for a photo. a very kind person.  :D

the cranes: very good but: they picked the wrong songs. too slow, too quiet for most out of the audience. they were gone down a little bit.  :-(

cult_hero

prof.alibori

it was a perfect concert!!! and I will never say again, that they need a keyboard. Almost every song was powerful and strong.

lostflower4

Quote from: cult_herocan you find jason?

Took me long enough, but I found him. Someone else's turn! :smt019

Tof

Tof

j