Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on February 10, 2010, 12:36:24
The whole album Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division

One of the darkest and fundamental albums in the history. Excellent choice :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Thanks, but am I wrong when I think you don t like Ians voice :-D
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on February 12, 2010, 16:35:34
Thanks, but am I wrong when I think you don t like Ians voice :-D

Yep I hate Ian's voice. But being objective, "Unknown pleasures" is a master piece. If you haven't see it yet, you should watch this documentary:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1097239/

(saw it in Poitiers last year and taught me a lot about the band).

Currently listening: Joy Division - Atmosphere

One of the most depressing songs I've ever heard, not good for suicides

JOY DIVISION ATMOSPHERE
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

I really love his voice 8) And it is a master piece. And you have to listen to it when you don't have suicide in your thoughts ;)
I will look later for the doc. Thank you for the link.

fiction

Quote from: crowbi_wan on February 12, 2010, 03:15:08
Excellent choice.  :smth023

I'm onto another Australian band called Beaches.  http://www.myspace.com/theskywaswhite  CLT: Vikings

I have to say the same to you. I think that this specific track is rather simillar in structure and composure to "Strange Device" with yet another band from downunder, namely The Melting Skyscrapers. Just like "Vikings" "Strange Device" is growing and growing and really gets under your skin. I know that this song on 7" vinyl from the 80`s (Waterfront 1985) is hard to get but if you get a chance, listen to it if you haven´t already heard it.

CLT: Vikings
again and again and again and again and again and...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: fiction on February 12, 2010, 17:27:28
Quote from: crowbi_wan on February 12, 2010, 03:15:08
Excellent choice.  :smth023

I'm onto another Australian band called Beaches.  http://www.myspace.com/theskywaswhite  CLT: Vikings

I have to say the same to you. I think that this specific track is rather simillar in structure and composure to "Strange Device" with yet another band from downunder, namely The Melting Skyscrapers. Just like "Vikings" "Strange Device" is growing and growing and really gets under your skin. I know that this song on 7" vinyl from the 80`s (Waterfront 1985) is hard to get but if you get a chance, listen to it if you haven´t already heard it.

CLT: Vikings

Never heard of The Melting Skyscrapers before.  Thanks for the tip on Strange Device.  :rocker  Love the build up on that track and tones their guitarist produces.  There's something so pure about 80s guitar effects that cannot be emulated in today's sound.     

fiction

Quote from: crowbi_wan on February 13, 2010, 18:54:58
Never heard of The Melting Skyscrapers before.  Thanks for the tip on Strange Device.  :rocker  Love the build up on that track and tones their guitarist produces.  There's something so pure about 80s guitar effects that cannot be emulated in today's sound.     

You´re very much welcome and I´m glad You liked it. I have a huge thing for downunder music. You can check in on this site from time to time: http://rogkentroll.blogspot.com/search/label/aussie%20rock Just listening to another great band (not from kangaroo land though); The Cynics from Pittsburgh. Current track: You Got the Love

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Never get tired of this :shock:

Listening it in loop since yesterday.... sick!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Same song but another crowd, as impressing or more (listen how the sing!), impressing, gives me chills!  

:smth041

Temptation [Live in Glasgow]
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

More shoegazing. Now peruvian band Resplandor, song: "Downfall" (2009)

Resplandor - Downfall [Director's Cut][HQ]
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

fiction

The Grand Archives - Swan Matches... So soft and laid back.