Who are you? Introduce yourself here!

Started by dsanchez, July 13, 2005, 22:37:25

Previous topic - Next topic

firecrasher

Hi everyone! I'm Leah and I've been a serious Cure fan for about 4 years - the highlight of 2008 was dancing around to Grinding Halt in Fairfax. I'm more of a fan of the dark stuff, but that was just so much fun!!! No luck finding a boot yet :( I also have a little vinyl collection going - my latest acquisition is Bloodflowers.

As for the other stuff, I'm a musician with a stupid desk job who likes to surprise people at open mic nights by playing Mint Car, and I'd eventually like to go to the UK to do postgraduate work in urban studies. I had the best time of my life in Oxford! 

I'm really glad to be a part of this community, it seems like a great place.
It's nice to meet you all!
[i]so this is permanence... love's shattered pride...[/i]

love_cat

Hello guys
I am a Cure fan since February, not that long, but I love this music wholeheartedly. I'm from Poland. Age? Tomorrow I am 21.

Nice to find another CureWorld in space..

HELLO! :)

ghanisbuli

Quote from: love_cat on June 20, 2008, 11:36:03
Hello guys
I am a Cure fan since February, not that long, but I love this music wholeheartedly. I'm from Poland. Age? Tomorrow I am 21.

Nice to find another CureWorld in space..

HELLO! :)

Hello there!  My dad recently got into The Cure as well.  I remember when I first got into The Cure--it was really fun to discover more and more about them, and to talk to people about them.  I think that this will be a good place for you.

I have a friend from Poland, and I have a lot of Polish blood in me, too.  I think he's going back there to visit this summer.  AND, he apparently has a Cure shirt from some tour, but he doesn't know which one because he's not a huge fan.  But if he hangs around me enough, he soon will be...
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

scary_aunty

i'm antti from finland. i'm 30 years old and i've been a fan since 1992. i've seen the cure 16 times:
23.9.1992 helsinki, finland
30.11.1996 stockholm, sweden
15.8.1998 zillo festival, germany
22.4.2000 london, uk
25.4.2000 paris, france
26.4.2000 paris, france
28.4.2000 oberhausen, germany
30.4.2000 strasburg, france <-my favourite gig
2.7.2000 werchter festival, belgium
1.7.2001 roskilde festival, denmark
27.7.2002 london hyde park, uk
9.7.2004 move festival, uk
28.8.2005 berlin, germany
1.4.2006 london rah, uk
20.6.2008 new york msg, usa
21.6.2008 new york rcmh, usa

i'm looking forward to the new album. i just wish they'd finally stop postponing the bloody thing! it's getting really annoying.

japanesebaby

nice to see some scandinavian reinforcements...  :smth006
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

love_cat

Tszyu, nice story ;)
Welcome you and everyone

WeedyBurton

Hello, my name's Lauren and I've only been listening to The Cure for 6 months, but already they are my favourite band. Robert Smith writes such timeless love songs. I'm only 16 so haven't got the chance to see them live yet.

Will21

Hi.

I'm Will and I've been a casual fan of The Cure for about 8 years. The first time years ago I heard 'Disintegration' I fell in love, but I didn't appreciate them yet. Over the last year or 2 my life has changed for the better and I really started to discover how great the music really is. So slowly my lonely self title and Disintegration Cd's started to get company among other albums and the next thing I know I've become a huge fan. I wanted them see them on the recent US tour, but I was tied down with work and college. Maybe someday.

pyota

hi everyone. my name is peter and i am a cureholic :) fan for just 17 years or so. seen them ... more than a few times. and i despise the new material!

StrangeAsAngels

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 29/f from the US and stumbled across the site this evening. It looked interesting, and as a die-hard Cure fan I decided to give it a go. I've posted on many other forums before and once they start to get insulting or ridiculous, I stop logging in. This one however, looks great! I'm looking forward to posting and getting to know everyone on here..so keep an eye out for me!
"the shallow drowned, lose less than we..."

dsanchez

Quote from: StrangeAsAngels on August 20, 2008, 01:54:16
I've posted on many other forums before and once they start to get insulting or ridiculous, I stop logging in. This one however, looks great! I'm looking forward to posting and getting to know everyone on here..so keep an eye out for me!

welcome to curefans! I am sure you will like it here, and dont worry about insults or offensive posts, they are not allowed here. Hope you enjoy it here! Cheers 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Padme

Hello... I'm new here.  I was just told about this forum so I thought I check it out.  Sounds like a great place!  I live on the West Coast of the States near the ocean & have liked the Cure for awhile but sometimes don't like to post bcuz people can be cruel.  I have seen them live many times & had the pleasure of meeting them on the Curiosa Tour.

moutheyesheart

Hello everybody! My name's Pierre, I'm twenty and I've been a Fan of the Cure since my first Concert (Deam Tour). But this year I'm totally loosing control and now I'm a damned groupie...not, but, i don't know, really really addicted to them. So I have to register everywhere for sure, such as here....
So I hope you're nice guys, are you?  8)

Read you then, PSX. (really my initials)

...and myspace too: www.myspace.com/lifehasdone
Разпадане

Strange Attraction

Hi I'm new here! I've been a cure fan since the end of December. I have lots of cure stuff. I have most of there cds, a book full of clippings, 41 videos with cure stuff on them, 3 cure DVDs, 3 T shrits, a few big posters, 2 records, a few pins and more but I can't remember right now.
I love the cure !!!!!
Can I use some of your lipstick?

japanesebaby

Quote from: Strange Attraction on September 30, 2008, 14:29:33
Hi I'm new here! I've been a cure fan since the end of December. I have lots of cure stuff. I have most of there cds, a book full of clippings, 41 videos with cure stuff on them, 3 cure DVDs, 3 T shrits, a few big posters, 2 records, a few pins and more but I can't remember right now.
I love the cure !!!!!

hi there and welcome  :)
just merged this topic with our "introduce yourself" thread for new members.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine