what you will do with all your music collection when you die?

Started by dsanchez, May 31, 2007, 17:23:32

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

you will give certain items to some friend?

you will give your whole collection to your son/daugther?

you will be buried with any of them?

what you will do with so many bootlegs and official release you have?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

bluewater

This could be a problem for people like John Peel with Huge record collection. But i don't have to worry since when i die i don't exist anymore so i'm not there worrying about it. :smth020
If one really had to think about this then a huge record collection with rarities could make one depressed.
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

japanesebaby

Quote from: bluewater on May 31, 2007, 18:29:22
But i don't have to worry since when i die i don't exist anymore so i'm not there worrying about it. :smth020

i agree. i don't really give a damn because when it'll be over then it'll be over - no more worries....
besides, even if i could worry about something after i die (which i won't be - because i'll be dead!), i'm quite sure i might have more important things to worry about than what will happen to my poor boot collection. not that i didn't love my boots but they are still just some things that i own, that i have gathered around me to make myself feel more comfortable....

but i guess you might mean what would i do if i was told something like "you have three months to live", if i'd have the questionable honor to prepare for my own death and take care of things before i go(?).
i don't know. i still might have more important things to worry about, it's difficult to say how you would react to something like that. actually i've watched a person do it, to prepare for her own death and even take care of the arrangements for her own funeral in advance - and while doing it, still remain rather peaceful about it, not freak out. but despite the apparent calmness, it's hard to say what this person was really feeling inside though.

(moi s. mitä kuuluu? toivottavasti kesä on alkanut mukavasti(?). itsellä on ollut ihan liikaa töitä ja muuta, kohta saa riittää tai loppuu hermo... :S ;))
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

I've thought about this before. After all the time and effort I've put into my collection, I'd just hope that it could be passed on to someone who would enjoy it equally and take care of it.

But I'm not sure if I'd ever write this into a will or anything, as I also don't like to think about it. :?

Janko

:?

WELL, I THINK I WILL GIVE IT ALL AWAY WELL BEFORE I DIE, OR GET TOO OLD, OR TOO ILL...

NO POINT IN KEEPING THE CD'S IF THEY GONNA END UP IN SOME BOXES IN THE BASEMENT!

BUT THEN AGAIN, I HAVE A HUGE COLLECTION OF CASSETTES AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM...

:roll:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 31, 2007, 21:08:35
I've thought about this before. After all the time and effort I've put into my collection, I'd just hope that it could be passed on to someone who would enjoy it equally and take care of it.

But I'm not sure if I'd ever write this into a will or anything, as I also don't like to think about it. :?

Not that I am a suicidal, but everytime I go in a long-trip I tell my mum "please do not forget play The Funeral Party in case I die". My mum get's scared  :?. But if anything happen, cause you never know, I would give it to my older sister, who really is very very careful with discs and stuff. My Pink Floyd collection would go to my 11 years old brother :P

David.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Dillinger

i want 17 seconds played entirely at my funeral then after that de stijl  :D

Bloodflower

I've got a pretty long list of songs I want played at my funeral.... The instrumental bit to Elton John's Funeral For A Friend (Love Lies Bleeding); The Same Deep Water As You; Untitled; All Cats Are Grey; The Funeral Party; Plainsong; Out Of This World....

But to answer this thread's topic, I'd donate it to a Cure site (probably Curefans). Though, at the moment, I really don't have anything to give.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Draped

I want to be cremated together with all my cure cd's.. (this could become a bit messy..)

Aarna

[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

Sussex

i think i'll give all my collection to my son or daughter and hope that they will enjoy it like i do..my youngest sister also is considered since she'd show some interest about wild hair and phsychedelic!!!  :roll:
"Thick As Shit"

themurderchair

Quote from: Draped on June 05, 2007, 19:57:55

I want to be cremated together with all my cure cd's.. (this could become a bit messy..)

eek burning such beauties
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

hush

PerfectBlueSkyDolls