2008.06.16 Charlotte - Charlotte Bobcats Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

From COF:

Intro:

Waves

Mainset:

Setlist: Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Night Like This, The End of the World, Lovesong, A Letter To Elise, Want, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Hot Hot Hot!!!, The Only One, Wrong Number, The Walk, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, How Beautiful You Are, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, Charlotte Sometimes, One Hundred Years, Baby Rag Dog Book

Encore 1:

The Holy Hour, Other Voices, The Drowning Man, Faith

Encore 2:

Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?

Encore 3:

Boys Don't Cry, 10.15 Saturday Night, Killing Another
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Bloodflower

Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Krakr

I was sure full Faith encore was coming.
Amazing!
Let's hope now for Same deep water as you for one of the next shows?

japanesebaby

pretty annoying of robert - he waits almost at the end of the tour before he can play it.
i think i hate him again!

(but how on earth can they play 'faith', then leave the stage for an encore break and come back with... 'freak show'? :shock: somebody on COF said "full faith encore. i can die now" - i might have died if i'd heard that 'faith' -> 'freak show' combo!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fear_of_ghosts

Wow! An amazing setlist. I thought for sure we would get the Faith encore last night in Atlanta, but I'm still very happy for all of you in Charlotte.
The further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get...

Rec-Level

Alright, there they let it go. I wonder what makes them choose one encore or another. Is it the city? their mood? robert's mood? Why this encore only once? Who feels like dancing to freakshow after those 4 songs? Why is this band so cure????

Bloodflower

I think you've got to be in a bad place to play Faith.

So I feel bad to want it played. Because you know when it is, it's not a good day for Robert. I direct you to the Shrine show. We got Faith. And Robert cried. I felt guilty. Because I enjoyed it so much, and I'm sure part of him did too, but it's a miserable song.

Really jealous of all of you who saw the show tonight. Or, well, last night. I hope it was all you dreamed.

fear_of_ghosts

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 17, 2008, 08:17:15
So I feel bad to want it played. Because you know when it is, it's not a good day for Robert. I direct you to the Shrine show. We got Faith. And Robert cried. I felt guilty. Because I enjoyed it so much, and I'm sure part of him did too, but it's a miserable song.

That's a very good point you bring up. In all my years of going to Cure concerts and wishing so hard for them to play "Faith", this really never occured to me. Of course I know what it means for him/them to play it, but I never put it together in my head the way you did. It makes me feel selfish. Thanks a lot, BF!  ;)
The further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get...

Bloodflower

Quote from: fear_of_ghosts on June 17, 2008, 08:29:42
Quote from: Bloodflower on June 17, 2008, 08:17:15

That's a very good point you bring up. In all my years of going to Cure concerts and wishing so hard for them to play "Faith", this really never occured to me. Of course I know what it means for him/them to play it, but I never put it together in my head the way you did. It makes me feel selfish. Thanks a lot, BF!  ;)

I'm passing the guilt on to Plainsong; she's the first one to introduce me to the idea.

boneheadhaggar

fantastic setlist, but have to agree the Faith encore should definately end the show :smth023
its nice to be nice

abcandreas

Yes, the Faith encore should definately have ended the show. But that has been the case all along. First the Faith/Seventeen Seconds encore and then ending with Three Imaginary Boys encore. 

j

DAMN!!!!  I will be seeing the next 3 shows and he finally plays Faith the show before I end my run.  Guess I shouldn't expect to hear the Faith encore.... :smth011

sullen

in north f*cking carolina....
who would have known...
blah   :roll:  :cry:

Pierrig

Quote from: sullen on June 17, 2008, 12:11:15
in north f*cking carolina....
who would have known...
blah   :roll:  :cry:

That was excatly my thought... I mean, who from Hickory or Newton will remember this?  :roll: Now wait for The Drowning Man to become a Nascar anthem, and Holy Hour being covered by Garth Brooks!  :smth100

J/k, I used to live in Charlotte and there is a sizeable indie crowd there. I actually prefer life in Charlotte than life in Atlanta.

mint car

I think that yesterday they played best setlist on this 4Tour  :smth023
bravo  :smth041 :smth038
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]