Tabs

Started by roberta, September 02, 2005, 12:59:05

Previous topic - Next topic

roberta

hi fans.
can you please suggest a good site with guitar tabs??

thanks.

Tof

Tof

lostflower4

There are tons of them, but I haven't been keeping up lately. It seems like a good compilation has been put together on Perry's site:

http://www.perrybamonte.de/tabs.php

The Faith And Another Journey by Train (second one) tabs were done by me. They are from a long time ago, so it's nice to seem them still around... Although I made an error on the Bb6 chord on Another Journey by Train. It should be like this:

xx0333

I'll add some more sites later if I can find anything different...

aabensur

Shake dog shake guitarr tab????
have????

lostflower4

Quote from: aabensurShake dog shake guitarr tab????
have????

Shake Dog Shake uses an open tuning. You can play it with standard tuning, but it doesn't sound quite right. Unfortunately, I don't know what the correct tuning is! :x

splitmilk34

If you play Shake Dog Shake with standard tuning, you can put flange & distortion (with a little chorus) to get it to sound like the open tuning.  You also must make sure there is plenty of sustain on your guitar.  I believe the main chords, from memory, are either Cm - Bb  or  C#m - B.
"... sleeping less every night"

lostflower4

Quote from: splitmilk34If you play Shake Dog Shake with standard tuning, you can put flange & distortion (with a little chorus) to get it to sound like the open tuning.  You also must make sure there is plenty of sustain on your guitar.  I believe the main chords, from memory, are either Cm - Bb  or  C#m - B.

It's true, but I still wish I knew the open tuning! I'd always use the Cm and Bb shapes (just the top strings I think), and then slide down to an A5 with my ring and pinkie fingers to add the little extra fill.

There's also a sweet open tuning that Perry used for his acoustic part on the live versions of If Only Tonight We Could Sleep. Someone asked him about this in an interview, and he couldn't remeber what the notes were... :(

crowbi_wan

i think the tunning for shake dog shake is cgcgcd. or is it c#gc#gc#d?  i can't remember.  it's something really odd like that.   :smt035  :smt017
somewhere, and it may take sometime to find, i have the tunning for it documented.  

-brian

splitmilk34

The tuning for "If Only Tonight..." is, I believe, an open G#... don't hold me to that.  Wouldn't it be awesome if Robert shared stuff like this with us, like when he posted the tabs for WMS & Bloodflowers on the old Cure site (and promised more to come)?
"... sleeping less every night"

Bone

-Bone

aabensur

Xploding_Boy

I was watching a video (bad quality) of The Cure playing Shake Dog Shake and Robert was playing on an acoustic guitar. It made it a lot easier to hear and I think I finally figured out how to play it with the proper tuning. If anyone is still interested check my site in the next few days, I might even have it on there in a few hours. Thanks........

-Brian
http://www.geocities.com/curetablature

nausearockpig

Quote from: splitmilk34 on October 12, 2005, 18:57:59Wouldn't it be awesome if Robert shared stuff like this with us, like when he posted the tabs for WMS & Bloodflowers on the old Cure site (and promised more to come)?

The old version of Thecure.com was up for ages as www.thecure.com/archive but sadly it's down now..

I thought I'd copied all those tabs Robert posted but alas, I did not...